Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Canada
Goldcorp response & statement on repeal of transparency regulations under US Dodd-Frank Act section 1504
...'Goldcorp is committed to conducting our business operating responsibly at all times, which means respecting the safety and health of our employees, protecting the environment, respecting the human rights of our employees and the residents of the...
- Related stories: Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 7 firms
- This is a response from the following companies: Goldcorp
Author: Central de Trabajadores de la Argentina
La lucha es para impedir el nuevo megaproyecto minero Agua Rica de Andalgalá, una pequeña ciudad en las alturas de la cordillera de los Andes, 1100 kilómetros de la capital argentina....
Latina America: New report documents cases of violence & abuses of Canadian mining companies over a 15-year period; companies´ comments are included
The Justice and Corporate Accountability Project (JPAL) published a recent report documenting cases of alleged incidents of violence associated with Canadian mining companies in Latin America....
Author: Justice and Corporate Accountability Project (JCAP)
This is the first report to profile specific forms of violence and criminalization associated with Canadian mining projects in Latin America over a fifteen year period…[W]e provide observations about the violent incidents studied…make observations...
- Related stories: Report documents violence associated with Canadian mining companies in Latin America; company comments included
- Related companies: Ascendant Holdings Aura Minerals B2Gold Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Blackfire Exploration Candente Copper Cornerstone Capital Resources Corriente Resources (joint venture Tongling Nonferrous Metals, China Railway Construction Corporation & CRCC-Tongguan Investment) Fortuna Silver Mines Glencore Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Gran Colombia Gold Greenstone Resources Hudbay Minerals IamGold MAG Silver Manhattan Minerals Minefinders Corporation Mitsubishi Group New Gold Pacific Rim Mining Petaquilla Gold Radius Gold Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Teck Resources Torex Gold Resources Yamana Gold
Goldcorp announces controlled shutdown of operations at its Peñasquito Mine following an illegal blockade
…Goldcorp…today announced a controlled shutdown of operations at its Peñasquito mine, following an illegal blockade by a trucking contractor that began September 26, 2016. Goldcorp recently undertook efforts to diversify its local transportation...
- Related stories: Mexico: Protest at Goldcop´s Peñasquito mine over environmental harm, access to water, other issues; company announces "controlled shutdown"
- Related companies: Goldcorp
Author: Reuters, El Financiero
Luego de que la semana pasada un grupo de transportistas decidiera tomar y mantener cerradas las instalaciones de la mina ubicada en Mazapil, Zacatecas, para exigir mejoras laborales, ambientales y sociales, la firma anunció que está lista para...