Headquarters in Singapore
Sinar Mas Group is a major shareholder of Golden Agri-Resources.
Indonesia: Palm oil giants convene to address labour rights issues & to improve conditions for women workers
Author: Zafirah Zein, Eco-Business
"Palm oil giants unite to tackle human rights challenges in Indonesia", 21 June 2019...
Liberia: Lawyer forced into exile after fighting palm oil industry receives Goldman Environmental Prize
Author: Abdi Latif Dahir, Quartz Africa
"How challenging the powerful global palm oil industry forced a Liberian lawyer into exile", 29 April 2019....
- Related stories: Liberia: Global Witness report alleges intimidation, violent abuse of communities opposed to Golden Veroleum's encroachment on their lands Liberia: Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil hands down decision relating to community complaints against Golden Veroleum
- Related in-depth areas: Agriculture Human rights defenders Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Golden Agri-Resources Golden Veroleum Liberia
Indonesia: Women in palm oil face casual employment, exposure to pesticides, & lack of social security
Author: Zafirah Zein, Eco-Business
"Women in palm oil: invisible no more?", 3 December 2018...
- Related companies: Golden Agri-Resources
Author: Robin Hicks, Eco-Business
"Wilmar's supplier mapping plan could be a 'breakthrough' for palm oil industry", 12 December 2018...
Global Witness report alleges EU investors help bankroll human rights & environmental abuses; incl. co responses
On 6 September 2018, Global Witness published a new briefing paper on the role that EU-based investors have played in supporting projects linked to human rights abuses, land grabs and large-scale environmental destruction. The report argues that while...
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Goldcorp Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Olam creating "black box" of palm oil from unknown sources, fuelling deforestation "from Gabon to Indonesia" - NGO report
Liberia: NGOs say rights advocates working with communities against abuses by Golden Veroleum under threat; appeal for action
Author: Observatory for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders, (Switzerland)
The Observatory for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders, a partnership of FIDH and the World Organisation Against Torture (OMCT), requests your urgent intervention in the following situation in Liberia...The Observatory has been informed by...
Liberia: Golden Veroleum's palm oil expansion projects reportedly "bringing jobs but dividing communities"
Author: Clair MacDougall, The Guardian (UK)
"Liberia: the growth of a new palm oil frontier: Golden Veroleum Liberia is building one of the largest palm oil plantations in the civil-war scarred country, bringing jobs but dividing communities", 20 Oct 2016...