Golden Star Resources
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Canada
Author: Selorm Amevor, Public Agenda [Ghana]
The Commission for Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ) has pronounced mining companies in Ghana guilty of various forms of human rights abuses in their host communities....In a draft investigative report into the state of human rights in...
- Related stories: Ghana: Human Rights Commission's investigations reveal widespread human rights violations by mining companies
- Related companies: Golden Star Resources
Author: MVO Platform
Participants came up with impressive testimonies. This publication offers a collection of these stories (complemented with two ‘voices from the North’), hoping they will inspire a better CSR practice in the near future. [refers to ABN AMRO, Coca-Cola,...
Author: Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA)
...Il s’agit d’un rapport d’évaluation de sept pays ouest africains portant sur la gestion transparente, responsable, équitable et durable des ressources naturelles pour un développement efficace et efficient des pays situés dans la sous-région...Bien...
- Related stories: Afrique de l'Ouest : « Il n’est pas inévitable que les ressources naturelles soient une malédiction », selon Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA)
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcoa Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) ExxonMobil Gold Fields Golden Star Resources IamGold Mittal Steel (part of Arcelor Mittal) Newmont Goldcorp Red Back Mining Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Shell Texaco (part of Chevron) Total
Author: Daniel Owusu-Koranteng, Wassa Communities Affected by Mining [Ghana]
It is worrying that Newmont employed every conceivable means including scientific dishonesty and misinformation to avoid taking responsibility for the consequences of the cyanide spillage. ...The cyanide spillage has exposed the weaknesses in the...
- Related stories: Ghana: Newmont accused of downplaying impact of cyanide spillage
- Related in-depth areas: Environment - An introduction
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Golden Star Resources Newmont
Golden Star Resources did not respond to: Report highlights negative social impact of tax avoidance by mining companies in Africa.
- Related stories: Report highlights negative social impact of tax avoidance by mining companies in Africa
- This is a non response from the following companies: Golden Star Resources
The African continent contains a large proportion of the world’s metal and mineral reserves, and African countries are thus the proprietors of a valuable natural resource...[but] the African countries from which these materials are extracted remain...