Headquarters in USA
Global finance sector needs to start acknowledging its human rights responsibilities, argues professor
Author: David Kinley on openDemocracy
"Finance struggles to find a social conscience", 15 April 2018...
[Includes responses by BNP Parbias, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Royal Bank of Canda, Morgan Stanley & Toronto-Dominion Bank]
USA: Judge allows class action lawsuit alleging gender discrimination against Goldman Sachs to proceed
Author: Andrew Buncombe, The Independent (UK)
"Judge allows 2,300 women to proceed with gender bias lawsuit against Goldman Sachs", 1 Apr 2018...
Citigroup policy prohibits business clients from selling firearms to customers under 21 & those not passing a background check
Author: Tiffany Hsu, The New York Times
"Citigroup sets restrictions on gun sales by business partners," 22 March 2018...
- Related stories: USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
- Related companies: Alphabet American Outdoor Brands Corporation Bank of America BlackRock First National of Nebraska Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase PNC Financial Services Sturm, Ruger & Co, Inc. Wells Fargo YouTube (part of Alphabet)
Author: Mindy Lubber, Forbes
...That’s why Ceres [Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability] and six other organizations from around the world debuted The Investor Agenda...This comprehensive agenda provides a menu of options for investors to take in four key focus...
- Related stories: New initiative encourages investor leadership on climate issues
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Mitigation
- Related companies: Bank of America BlackRock Citigroup ExxonMobil Fidelity Investments Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) Occidental Petroleum State Street Vanguard
BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
In this briefing paper, BankTrack examines whether private sector banks may have contributed to adverse human rights impacts through their provision of finance. The paper explores eight cases of human rights abuses and the relationship and...
- Related stories: BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
- This is a non response from the following companies: Goldman Sachs
New business initiative launched to advance gender equality; Coca-cola & Walmart among the cos to have joined
Author: Lee Mannion, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Coca Cola, Walmart among global firms joining forces for women's equality", 30 Nov 2017...