Headquarters in USA
- Related stories: BankTrack's 2nd benchmarking report finds most banks still failing to deliver on UN Guiding Principles
- This is a non response from the following companies: Goldman Sachs
Ex-European Commission President becomes Golden Sachs chairman, raising concerns over corporate influence in EU
On July 8 2016 José Manuel Barroso was appointed non-executive chairman of Goldman Sachs International. Ex-commissioners are free to take up a new role 18 months after leaving. Despite accepting the job after 20 months, Mr Barroso has come under fire...
Report links financial sector to human rights abuses of asylum-seekers in Australia's offshore detention centres
Author: The White House
"FACT SHEET: White House Launches a Call to Action for Private Sector Engagement on the Global Refugee Crisis," 30 Jun 2016...
Oxfam publishes new report on tax avoidance practices of US corporate giants & calls on govt. to ensure firms pay fair share of taxes
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji, Fuqua School of Business at Duke Univ., and Michael W. Toffel, Harvard Business School, in New York Times (USA)
"The Power of C.E.O. Activism", 1 April 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: Angie's List Apple Facebook Goldman Sachs Intel Salesforce.com Starbucks Unilever
Commentary: Companies' climate actions must be transparent, with concrete goals & support from the top
Author: Justin Worland, Time (USA)
"How to Keep Companies Honest About Fighting Climate Change", 23 Feb 2016...
Public Eye Awards stops "most irresponsible company" vote as advocates say World Economic Forum is losing legitimacy
Author: Samuel Oakford, Vice News
"This Year in Davos, Opponents Aren't Even Bothering to Protest", 20 Jan 2016...
Author: Aman Singh, Guardian (UK)
…[The] global climate change agreement…leaves many companies with a big question: how can they continue to grow…with the new climate goals?…[H]ere are five key considerations to help clarify the breadth of the scope of this change…What can a global...
- Related stories: Civil society & business reactions to Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: Citigroup Goldman Sachs Microsoft