Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC)
[PDF] Briefing note - Africa Oil Week 2013: Oil & gas industry must improve its respect for human rights
Author: Aliou Diouf, Joseph Kibugu, Nokukhanya Mncwabe, Julia Mello Neiva, Gregory Regaignon - Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The oil & gas industry has a vital role to play in Africa’s development. But too often exploration and extraction are linked to human rights abuses against local residents, oil & gas revenues prop up repressive governments, and the promise of...
- Related stories: Briefing note: "Africa Oil Week 2013: Oil & gas industry must improve its respect for human rights" Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Addax Petroleum (part of Sinopec) AGIP (part of Eni) Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Control Risks Eni Erinys International ExxonMobil Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC) Marathon Oil Petronas Shell Sinopec Sudapet Talisman (part of Repsol) Tullow Oil
Author: Geert van Vliet et Géraud Magrin, CIRAD, pour l'Agence française de développement
[Le Centre de Ressources sur les Entreprises et les Droits de l'Homme a invité la CNPC à répondre à ce rapport. Sa réponse et disponible (seulement en chinois) dans le document ci-dessous.] Ce livre aborde les facteurs qui influencent la gestion...
- Related stories: Un nouveau livre analyse les facteurs qui influencent la gestion environnementale de la CNPC au Tchad
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: Chevron China Development Bank China Exim China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (Sinopec) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) ConocoPhillips Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) EnCana ExxonMobil Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC) Orano (formerly Areva) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Talisman (part of Repsol) Total
Author: European Coalition on Oil in Sudan (ECOS)
Negotiations between NCP [National Congress Party] and SPLM [Sudan Peoples' Liberation Movement] on post-referendum arrangements for Sudan’s oil industry are to resume on 1 March 2011 in Addis Ababa. The shared dependency on oil between North and...
- Related stories: Sudan: ECOS urges parties to resolve the "oil industry's painful legacies" in post-referendum arrangements
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace Sudan
- Related companies: Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC)
Author: Shaun Polczer, Calgary Herald
A long and bitter chapter of Talisman Energy's involvement in Sudan came to a close Monday after the U.S. Supreme Court tossed out an appeal that sought to hold the Calgary-based oil and gas producer responsible for war crimes and genocide in the North...
Author: Lison Joseph, LiveMint [India]
Amnesty International, Genocide Intervention Network (GIN) and Investors Against Genocide have launched targeted campaigns after GIN’s Sudan Divestment Task Force report identified ONGC as among the top four “highest offenders” indirectly contributing...
Author: Fatal Transactions and European Coalition on Oil in Sudan
The purpose of this dossier is to provide an overview of Sudan’s oil industry and serve as a background document to all those wishing to learn more about the country’s contentious oil issues. The many tables with data in the first two chapters help the...
- Related companies: ABB Ascom Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Coca-Cola Eni Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC) Lundin Petroleum Nilepet OMV ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Pertamina Petronas PetroSA Rolls-Royce plc Shell Siemens Sinopec Sudapet Talisman (part of Repsol) Total
Author: Danna Harman, Christian Science Monitor
...The vast majority of [Sudan’s] oil, 64 percent, is sold to China...China’s National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) is the majority shareholder in both Petrodar and the Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company…But the Chinese operations were marked ...
- Related in-depth areas: African region Chinese investment overseas Environmental issues Extractives, including oil and mines Labour issues Violence & Abuses
- Related companies: Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC) Talisman (part of Repsol)
Author: Sunday Vision [Uganda]
'A win-win situation' is how the Chinese government describes its economic relations with Africa...But there is another, less rosy side to China's involvement in Africa... China has been the most criticised over its proclaimed ‘non-interference’ policy...
Author: Charles Piller, Los Angeles Times
In Darfur, where more than 200,000 people have perished in what the United States calls a genocide, the killing has been supported by profits from companies helping the government of Sudan tap its vast reservoirs of oil, according to services that...
- Related stories: Shareholders at Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting press Warren Buffett to divest from PetroChina over Darfur - Berkshire says PetroChina has no role in Darfur
- Related companies: Altria Berkshire Hathaway China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Schlumberger Sinopec Walmart