Headquarters in Norway
Author: Centro de Información sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos
"Riesgos para los derechos y ventajas de las energías renovables: Un análisis sobre los compromisos en materia de derechos humanos de las empresas solares, de bioenergía y geotérmicas", Septiembre 2018...
- Related stories: Renewable Energy Risking Rights & Returns: An analysis of solar, bioenergy & geothermal sectors
- This is a response from the following companies: Access Power ACWA Power Adani Group Akiira Geothermal Alco Group AP Renewables Inc. (APRI; subsidiary of Aboitiz Power) Asia Biomass PCL Avaada Energy BDI Bioenergy International Biopalma (part of Vale) Biotherm Energy Calpine Canadian Solar Climeon Contact Energy Cristal Union Dinant Drax Enerparc First Solar GCL-Poly Genesis Eco-Energy Developments Geothermal Development Co. Gigawatt Global Globeleq Mesoamerica Energy Green Fuel Green Resources Harbin Electric (formerly Harbin Power Equipment) Hareon Solar JinkoSolar Holding Kengen Lantmannen Agroetanol Lightsource BP Mannvit Marubeni Neoen NextGen Solar Novozymes NurEnergie Olsuswa Energy Ormat Pantaleon Sugar Holdings Polaris Infastructure Raizen (joint venture Shell & Cosan) ReneSola Renew Power Ventures Reykjavik Geothermal Scatec Solar Sejahtera Alam Energy Company Shunfeng Clean Energy SolarEdge Sunbird Energy SunEdison SunPower Supreme Energy Suzlon Trina Solar Vena Energy W Dusk Energy Group
This briefing analyses 59 solar, bioenergy and geothermal companies' human rights policies and practices on five key areas: human rights commitment, community consultations, grievance mechanisms, labour rights and supply chain monitoring. It includes ...
Mozambique: Sustainable investors need to better educate themselves about the local context in which their funds are deployed
Author: Heather Grady, vice president at Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, board member of the Business and Human Rights Resource Centre and member of the Global Future Councils of the World Economic Forum and the NationSwell Council
"Sustainable Investments Are Not Always What They Seem-Investors need to better educate themselves about the local context in which their funds are deployed", 21 September 2017...
- Related companies: Green Resources
Mozambique: Justiça Ambiental, World Rainforest Movement & Acção Académica para o Desenvolvimento das Comunidades Rurais accuse Portucel Moçambique of land grabbing; it includes comments from the company
Mozambique: Livaningo, National Peasants Union, Justiça Ambiental & World Rainforest Movement accuse Green Resources Mozambique of land grabbing; it includes comments from the company
Author: Green Resources (Mozambique)
[Green Resources responded to the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invitation saying that we could use the same response they had sent to an Open Letter sent by Justiça Ambiental and WRM on 4 October 2016]...
- Related stories: Mozambique: Livaningo, National Peasants Union, Justiça Ambiental & World Rainforest Movement accuse Green Resources Mozambique of land grabbing; it includes comments from the company
- This is a response from the following companies: Green Resources
Green Resources Human Rights Impact Assessment: Proposed CHP plant & transition into harvesting at Uchindile forest
"Green Resources Human Rights Impact Assessment", October 2009...
- Related companies: Green Resources
- Related stories: Report says large-scale agricultural investments threaten right to food of small-scale farmers in Tanzania’s Southern Highlands; includes companies’ comments
- This is a non response from the following companies: Green Resources
Report says large-scale agricultural investments threaten right to food of small-scale farmers in Tanzania’s Southern Highlands; includes companies’ comments
A new report by Misereor says large-scale agricultural investments threaten the right to food of the local small-scale farmers. The report includes response by Olam International & New Forests Company. Business & Human Rights Resource Centre...