Guinness (part of Diageo)
Member of UN Global Compact
Guinness website: http://www.guinness.com
Response rate: 100%
(click here for an explanation)
Nigeria: Guinness supports access to safe water project in effort to promote health, socio-economic benefits
Author: Eromosele Abiodun, This Day (Nigeria)
'Of profitability and corporate social responsibility', 2 Sep 2015:…[B]usinesses should emulate Guinness Nigeria…and reconnect their success with social progress [through] [c]orporate social responsibility (CSR)…that promotes…charitable giving to...
- Related companies: Guinness (part of Diageo)
Author: Nina Chestney, Reuters
Companies increasingly factor extreme weather into their strategic planning and a report from the United Nations...is expected to underscore the heightened risks they face. Extreme temperatures, droughts, and sea level rises will all get worse unless...
- Related stories: UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report expected to help business understand climate change risks
- Related companies: BT Diageo Guinness (part of Diageo) Tesco
Ashanti: GGBL commissions 65,000 litre capacity waterhealth centre for residents of Domeabra [Ghana]
Author: Myjoyonline.com (Ghana)
Ghana’s only total beverage business Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd (GGBL) on Wednesday 07 August commissioned a 65,000 litres Waterhealth centre for residents of Domeabra in the Ahafo Ano constituency of the Ashanti region. The GHC 160,000 Centre was...
Author: Business Action for Africa & Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative at Harvard Kennedy School
...Business Action for Africa’s 2010 Report...examines how business-driven partnerships are addressing Africa’s development challenges in new and innovative ways… creating new frontiers for sustainable development and growth on the continent...the...
- Related stories: Report examines role of business-driven partnerships in addressing sustainable development in Africa - includes case studies
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Accenture Allianz Anglo American Arcelor Mittal Barclays Bharti Airtel Bristol-Myers Squibb Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Chevron Coca-Cola Danone De Beers Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo Diamond Trading Company (part of De Beers) ExxonMobil Guinness (part of Diageo) HP (Hewlett-Packard) Mars Nestlé Pfizer SABMiller Shell Stanbic Bank Standard Bank Standard Chartered Syngenta Total Unilever Vodafone Zain
Author: Beer Selling Industry Cambodia
On 7th April, the employer organisation The Beer Selling Industry Cambodia (BSIC) met with Ministry of Women’s Affairs and law enforcement representatives, NGO partners and beer promoters to review a monitoring survey recently conducted by the Center...
- Related stories: Heineken - Overview of controversial business practices in 2008
- Related companies: Carlsberg Breweries Diageo Guinness (part of Diageo) Heineken
Author: Christopher Avery, Director, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[This brief overview of some international developments in the field of business & human rights was presented to the UK Parliament Joint Committee on Human Rights at their mini-conference on business and human rights, the purpose of which was “to...
- Related stories: Presentation by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre to UK Parliament's Joint Committee on Human Rights
- Related companies: Accenture Anglo American Atrium Underwriting (part of Ariel Holdings) Barclays Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) BP British American Tobacco C&A Cape PLC Diageo Erinys International GCM Resources Guinness (part of Diageo) HSBC John Lewis Partnership L'Oreal Lloyd's of London Lloyds TSB Lonmin Marks & Spencer Metals Exploration National Grid NatWest (part of Royal Bank of Scotland) Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Standard Chartered Tate & Lyle Tesco Unilever Vedanta Resources Vodafone Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Yahoo!
[DOC] Guinness/Diageo response to Quotidien Mutations article regarding pollution at Douala, Cameroon
Author: Guinness Cameroon (part of Diageo)
Guinness Cameroun takes environmental issues seriously. We have made significant investment in our procedures to ensure we take into consideration the environmental impact of our operations. We are also involved in multi-lateral talks with the local...
Author: Lydienne Mouloby Ngalle Bibehe, Directrice Des Ressources Humaines & Affaires Administratives, Socatur
...la SOCATUR à ce jour n’a jamais été interpellée par les autorités pour répondre des faits de pollution chimique ni condamnée à quelque amende que ce soit. De ce fait, nous ne nous sentons pas concernés par les informations mensongères diffusées par...
- Related stories: Cameroun: Des habitants de Douala accusent les sociétés Socatur, Guinness & Cotonnière industrielle du Cameroun de la pollution chimique
- Related companies: Cicam (Cotonnière Industrielle du Cameroun) Diageo Guinness (part of Diageo) Socatur (Société camerounaise de transports urbains)