Gulf Oil website: http://www.gulfoil.com
"Smoke & Fumes" study alleges that major oil companies misled public about negative impacts of climate change despite knowledge of risks
In November 2017, the Center for International Environmental Law (CIEL) published a report alleging that major oil companies were aware of the dangers of climate change by the 1980s, if not earlier, and that despite this knowledge and their technical ...
Author: Gulf Oil
- Related stories: "Smoke & Fumes" study alleges that major oil companies misled public about negative impacts of climate change despite knowledge of risks
- This is a non response from the following companies: Gulf Oil
Author: Tatiana Alfonso, Libia Grueso, Magnolia Prada, Yamile Salinas; Julieta Lemaitre (compiladora), Universidad de los Andes [Colombia]
Los conflictos presentados en este libro…traen características nuevas a la historia de la lucha por la tierra…[protagonizados por]...los principios y derechos de la Constitución de 1991, y los derechos que a su sombra se han otorgado a las minorías...
[PDF] Think globally, sue locally: Out-of-court tactics employed by plaintiffs, their lawyers, and their advocates in transnational tort cases
Author: Jonathan Drimmer, Steptoe & Johnson, released by U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute for Legal Reform
Over the past 15 years, there has been a sharp rise in lawsuits brought against United States companies, as well as foreign companies with a substantial U.S. presence, that are premised on alleged personal or environmental injuries that occur overseas...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) Drummond lawsuit (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Firestone lawsuit (re Liberia) Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses) Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Report commissioned by US Chamber of Commerce on lawsuits against US firms for alleged abuses overseas - accuses lawyers, plaintiffs, advocates of unethical tactics Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) U.S. apparel cos. lawsuit (re Saipan) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: AirScan Archer Daniels Midland Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Brylane (part of Pinault Printemps-Redoute) Cargill Chevron Chiquita Coca-Cola Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Del Monte Foods Dole Dow Chemical Drummond ExxonMobil Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone) Gap Gulf Oil Levi Strauss Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Mobil Oil (part of ExxonMobil) Nestlé Occidental Petroleum Petroecuador Pfizer PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Rio Tinto Shell Target Texaco (part of Chevron) Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart Yahoo!
Un tribunal de apelaciones de EE.UU. rechazó…un recurso de la petrolera Chevron Texaco en el litigio que mantiene con Ecuador desde hace más de seis años por los daños ambientales que supuestamente causó cuando operó en el país…[E]l dictamen…determina...
Author: William Langewiesche, Vanity Fair
In a forsaken little town in the Ecuadorean Amazon [Lago Agrio]…the giant Chevron Corporation has been maneuvered into a makeshift courtroom and is being sued to answer for conditions in 1,700 square miles of rain forest said by environmentalists to...
Author: Mikael Eriksson, Uppsala University - commissioned by European Coalition on Oil in Sudan
This paper examines the possibilities of introducing restrictive measures on Sudan. It reviews existing mechanisms of targeted sanctions with a particular emphasis on EU sanctions. The first section of the paper looks at effectiveness and the current...
Author: T. Christian Miller, Los Angeles Times
[Monica] Torres is one of thousands of Ecuadoreans who stand to benefit from a multibillion-dollar lawsuit alleging that Texaco's operations between 1972 and 1992 destroyed land, sickened residents and contributed to the demise of indigenous tribes....
Author: El Comercio [Ecuador]
La declaración de Miguel San Sebastián, médico e investigador, era la más esperada por la comunidad [en el caso contra ChevronTexaco por contaminación en Ecuador]...Las mujeres eran propensas a tener abortos espontáneos en un 250 por ciento más que...
- Related stories: Perfil de las demandas judiciales contra Chevron/Texaco por actividades en Ecuador
- Related companies: Chevron Gulf Oil Texaco (part of Chevron)