Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Sweden
Peru: Indigenous community urges European banks to insist that companies they invest in remove Ocho Sur P from their palm oil supply chains
Author: Forest Peoples Programme
“Press Release: Indigenous Community Urges European Banks to Hold Commodities Giant to Account Over Forest Destruction in the Peruvian Amazon”, 21st August 2019...
Author: Fair Action (Sweden), Fair Finance Guide International, The Future in Our Hands (Norway)
"Shareholders of H&M fail to take responsibility for garment workers’ wages", 31 January 2019...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises Bangladesh: Widespread garment worker protests over minimum wage increase; leads to mass dismissals
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights Living wage
- Related companies: Danske Bank DnB NOR H&M Handelsbanken KappAhl KLP Forsikring Länsförsäkringar Lindex MQ Nordea Bank ODIN Fund Management (part of SpareBank1 Group) SEB Skandia SpareBank 1 Nord-Norge SpareBank 1 SMN SpareBank 1 SR-Bank SpareBank 1 Østlandet Storebrand Swedbank
Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
In February 2019, Fair Action released a report exploring, among other things, the role of Nordic banks (as shareholders) in holding H&M accountable to its promise to ensure living wages for garment workers in its supply chain by 2018, particula...
Author: Karin Askelöf, Head of Responsible Investments, Handelsbanken, Sweden
Our comment ...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
- Related in-depth areas: Living wage
- This is a response from the following companies: H&M Handelsbanken
"Gender equality global report and ranking," 4 October 2018...
- Related companies: 3i Aegon Agilent Technologies Air Canada Allstate American Express American Water ANZ Bank Assa Abloy AstraZeneca Aviva AXA Axel Springer Bank Hapoalim Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bankinter Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) bioMérieux BNP Paribas Boliden Burberry CA Technologies CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Caltex Campbell Soup Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citigroup CNP Assurances Comcast Commonwealth Bank Continental AG DBS Bank Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Ebro Eli Lilly Enagás Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Ericsson Fabege Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Genmab Givaudan GlaxoSmithKline Handelsbanken Henkel Hershey Iberdrola IBM ICA Gruppen Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Investa Property Group Investec Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) KPN L'Oreal Land Securities Leumi Li & Fung Lloyds Group Macquarie Bank Marks & Spencer MasterCard Merck Mercury Michelin Microsoft Millicom Molson Coors National Australia Bank National Grid NCC Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro (Hydro) Oil Search Orange Origin Energy Pearson PNC Financial Services PSA Peugeot-Citroën Publicis Qantas Airways QBE Insurance Red Eléctrica de España Rentokil Initial ResMed Roche Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal DSM Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Royal Mail Salesforce.com Sanofi Schibsted Schneider Electric SEB Sempra Energy Severn Trent Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) Société Générale Sodexo South32 Standard Chartered State Street Stockland Stora Enso Suncorp Swedbank Telenor Téléperformance Telia Telstra Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank) Transurban UBS Unilever Verizon Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Westpac Whitbread Woolworths Group WPP Zurich
Sweden: Lack of investment in climate solutions by fund management co's puts Paris agreement at risk, finds report; incl. co responses
"Turning the tide - The urgent need to shift capital flows to climate solutions: A case study of ten fund management companies", a new report by Swedwatch focuses on the role of the finance sector in reallocating large capital streams towards green...
Thank you for the invitation to respond to the Swedwatch report. ...
- Related stories: Sweden: Lack of investment in climate solutions by fund management co's puts Paris agreement at risk, finds report; incl. co responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Handelsbanken
Author: Swedwatch, Fair Finance Guide
This report focuses on the risks and responsibilities associated with investments in companies that are active in countries with ongoing violent conflicts and humanitarian crises... Using the terminology of the UNGPs, a company that has a business...
Swedwatch and Fair Finance Guide Sweden allege in this report that Scandinavian banks have invested hundreds of millions of dollars in companies that are linked to abuses of indigenous peoples’ rights in Borneo, an island in Southeast Asia shared by B...