Harmony Gold website: www.harmony.co.za
So. Africa: Miners ask court to ensure govt. sets up measures to protect them, as companies welcome decision to re-open
Over a month ago, regulations were put in place to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus in our country by enforcing a strict lockdown – including in the mining industry, which was restricted to only essential operations. Since then, the Minister of...
So. Africa: Mines to comply with lockdown directives & looking into ways to assist thousands of mine workers
Author: Allan Seccombe, Business Day (South Africa)
‘SA mines to close for three weeks in Covid-19 battle’ 23 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Harmony Gold
Author: Mining Weekly (South Africa)
‘First payments in South African silicosis settlement expected in second quarter’ 5 February 2020...
Author: The Citizen (South Africa)
‘Tragic start to 2020’ as three mine workers dead in a week, says AMCU’ 19 January 2020...
So. Africa: New blog series on use of class action lawsuits to hold mining companies accountable over health-related issues of miners
Author: Dineo Faku, Business Report (South Africa)
‘Amcu slams Harmony for high accident rate’ 30 July 2019...
So. Africa: Johannesburg High Court approves $353 million class action settlement in lawsuit against mining firms re lung disease
Author: Africa News
"South African court approves $353 million class action settlement", 28 Jul 2019...
So. Africa: 5 mining companies ask Court to accept 5 billion rand settlement in lawsuits re gold miners affected by silicosis & tuberculosis
Author: Ciaran Ryan, AllAfrica
"South Africa: Five Mining Groups Ask Court to Approve R5 Billion Silicosis Settlement Case", 30 May 2019...
- Related stories: Gold miner silicosis litigation (re So. Africa) So. Africa: Court allows silicosis & tuberculosis class action lawsuits against gold mining companies So. Africa: Gold mining companies to appeal silicosis & tuberculosis class action certification Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Extractives Latest Legal News Natural Resources
- Related companies: Anglo American Gold Fields Harmony Gold Sibanye-Stillwater
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Update Latest news on natural resources Latest news on proposed binding treaty Natural Resources
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci
So. Africa: Trust to disburse funds to miners following silicosis & tuberculosis lawsuit settlement to be established in 2019
Author: South African News Agency
"Silicosis fund to be established in April 2019", 17 Oct 2018...