Harry Winston (part of Swatch)
Headquarters in USA
Author: Human Rights Watch
“Día de San Valentín: Contaminadas las cadenas de suministro del sector de la joyería”, 8 de febrero de 2018...
Report by Human Rights Watch alleges labour rights abuses & child labour in gold & diamond supply chains of global jewellery brands; incl. co responses
The report “The Hidden Cost of Jewelry” by Human Rights Watch documents labour rights violations, child labour and poor working conditions caused by toxic chemicals in gold and diamond supply chains of global jewellery brands. The report scrutinizes...
Author: Human Rights Watch
[Anmerkung: Das Business & Human Rights Resource Centre hat die in dem Bericht genannten Schmuckhersteller um eine Stellungnahme gebeten. Mehr dazu, sowie die Antworten der Unternehmen finden Sie hier.]...
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Boodle & Dunthorne Bulgari Cartier (part of Richemont) Chopard Christ Harry Winston (part of Swatch) Kalyan Jewellers Pandora Group Richemont Rolex Signet Jewelers Tanishq (part of Titan Industries) Titan Industries (joint venture Tata Group & Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation) Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri (TBZ)
Author: Harry Winston
We invited Harry Winston to comment. They declined to respond.
- This is a non response from the following companies: Harry Winston (part of Aber Diamond)
This report is an evaluation of the efforts made by jewelers towards responsible sourcing of precious metals. It is based on responses to a survey sent to the jewelers that had signed on to the Golden Rules by mid-February 2009 and to other large...
- Related stories: Report evaluates jewelers progress in promoting socially and environmentally responsible mining – 60 firms endorse principles for ethical sourcing
- Related in-depth areas: Recent NGO reports
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Amazon.com Anglo American Berkshire Hathaway Boucheron (part of Gucci) Brilliant Earth Carlyle Group Cartier (part of Richemont) Commemorative Brands (part of American Achievement) Costco Cred Jewellery Finlay Fine Jewelry Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Harry Winston (part of Aber Diamond) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Herff Jones J.C. Penney Jostens Kohl's Kroger Leber Jeweler Liberty Media Macy's Meijer Neiman Marcus Piaget (part of Richemont) PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Saks Fifth Avenue (part of Hudson's Bay) Sears Signet Target Tiffany TJ Maxx (part of TJX) TJX Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Walmart Zale (part of Signet)
Author: Maria Doulton, Financial Times
...The World Diamond Council is busy handing out “Conflict Diamond Confidence Packs” to retailers with handy “pocket confidence” cards for tricky questions they expect the film [Blood Diamond] will generate once the words Blood Diamond are on cinema...
Author: Jim Lobe, Inter Press Service
Marking the second anniversary of their "No Dirty Gold" campaign, EARTHWORKS and Oxfam America are reminding consumers that the production of a single 18-carat gold ring weighing less than one ounce generates on average at least 20 tonnes of mine...
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Barrick Gold Berkshire Hathaway Cameco Cartier (part of Richemont) Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Freeport-McMoRan Gold Fields Harry Winston (part of Aber Diamond) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) J.C. Penney Kroger Liberty Media Newmont Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Sears Signet Sterling (part of Signet) Tiffany Walmart Zale (part of Signet)
Author: Global Witness
Major United States...and international retailers selling diamond jewellery are falling short on their promises to combat the trade in conflict diamonds...Out of 30 companies, 25 have failed to respond to Global Witness in writing about their policies...
- Related stories: New Global Witness report says diamond retailers falling short on conflict diamond pledge
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Bloomingdales (part of Macy's) Bulgari Cartier (part of Richemont) Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) Fortunoff Harry Winston (part of Aber Diamond) Macy's Richemont Saks Fifth Avenue (part of Hudson's Bay) Tiffany Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Whitehall Jewellers