Head of Corporate Responsibility at Freshfields
We are a global law firm with a long track record of successfully supporting leading corporations, financial instructions and governments worldwide on groundbreaking and business-critical mandates. We are 5000 people in 27 offices with a turnover of over one billion with corporate responsibility (CR) at the heart of everything we do. We want to conduct – and be known for conducting – our business ethically and with integrity. Our ambition to be the leading international law firm is inextricably linked with our leadership in this field.
We are looking for a new Head of Corporate Responsibility (CR) to create and implement a new innovative strategic vision. We are looking for someone to take us to the next level of CR in professional services.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Creating and implementing a new innovative CR strategy.
- Advising the partnership on global best practice with respect to CR.
- Assisting the firm in assessing the business risks and opportunities with respect to CR.
- Managing and developing a team of eight CR professionals, located in Frankfurt, London and Paris.
- Collaborating with key clients on CR-related issues.
- Aligning the firm’s operations and strategy with the 10 UN Global Compact principles.
- Assisting the firm in its approach to client/mandate acceptance in relation to CR.
- Providing leadership and management for the firm’s approach to responsible procurement.
- Drafting and publication of the annual CR report , which is externally assured to the AA1000 and ISAE3000 standard.
- Developing and monitoring key performance indicators to effectively measure the firm’s CR performance.
- Building strategic alliances and coalitions with key groups (local, national and international political, social and environmental leaders) whose work is closely aligned with the firm’s priorities.
What you’ll get in return
A career at Freshfields carries a few promises! You will not be bored. You will solve problems and feel challenged in an environment where the best performance is always expected and cherished. You’ll oversee a team that has a proven track record of success and has a history of superb execution of solutions. You’ll work alongside the firm’s exceptional senior leadership team and will not only act as a trusted adviser and strategic leader for CR but also as a global ambassador. You will also benefit from a competitive market salary, benefits and enjoy a unique firm culture that believes in nurturing its people.
What you’ll need
For this high profile role, we are looking for someone with demonstrable senior level experience in managing complex CR programmes. You will be a visionary leader, with a pragmatic and creative approach. In order to achieve your vision, you will understand the value of solid relationships and will be able to harness a wide range of global resources. You will also demonstrate and articulate the following:
- prior experience in creating and successfully implementing a group level global CR strategy;
- excellent exposure within an international business that is renowned for its commitment to sustainable development;
- MBA or advanced degree in a relevant field;
- experience of managing a large team and budget;
- evidence of creating large scale positive change within your business, specifically in regards to sustainability/CR; and
- a willingness to travel.
Job title: Head of Corporate Responsibility
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Closing date: Open until filled