Head of Private Sector Policy & Advocacy
- Location: London
- Salary: Circa. £50,000 per annum
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 22/02/2017
This is an exciting opportunity to lead Unicef UK’s policy work on Child Rights and Business. We advocate towards UK Government to put in place the regulatory and policy environment for businesses to better respect child rights in their day to day operations and supply chains and directly with the private sector to ensure that their human rights due diligence processes integrate a focus on child rights.
The post-holder will expand and build upon two crucial pillars of work on the Travel & Tourism industry and UK public procurement, as well as developing policy and research outputs on the broader child rights and business agenda, raising awareness of the impact of business activity on children and seeking to influence corporate responsibility and international development processes.
Position in the organisation
This position sits in the Leadership Team of the Public Affairs Department and co-leads the Children’s Rights & Business Unit, which sits across the Public Affairs and Partnerships and Philanthropy Teams.
Purpose of Post
- Lead the development and implementation of Unicef UK’s policy agenda on child rights and business, and related advocacy strategy, to achieve long lasting change for children, in line with Children’s Rights and Business Principles (CRBP) and as part of Unicef UK’s Child Rights and Business Unit
- Develop strategic relationships with influential individuals in the business and policy community, including representing Unicef UK at key external meetings
- Contribute to the development of Unicef UK’s advocacy strategies, working collaborative with colleagues in the Public Affairs team
- Manage the Senior Private Sector Policy and Advocacy Adviser & Senior Climate Change Policy & Advocacy Adviser