Health & safety in the workplace
- "Guidance sheet on occupational safety and health"
- Author and date: Better Work (ILO, IFC), 2009
- "Codes of Practice – Occupational Safety and Health"
- Author: ILO
Related stories and components
Workers making kitchen countertops in the US & Australia allegedly falling ill due to silica dust exposure
Author: Nell Greenfieldboyce, NPR
"Workers Are Falling Ill, Even Dying, After Making Kitchen Countertops", 2 October 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Health & safety in the workplace
USA: Somali women lead protests against Amazon over working conditions, including wages and health & safety
Author: Lauren Kaori Gurley, VICE
"60 Amazon Workers Walked Out Over Warehouse Working Conditions", 3 October 2019...
Morocco: Fertilising industries accused of harming the health of Moroccan workers and communities. OCP responds
Bread for all, SWISSAID and Catholic Lenten Fund issued a report claiming that the Moroccan state-owned company OCP is polluting the air with its fertiliser factories, and endangering the health of its employees and of the local population. The report...
Author: Colin Lecher, The Verge
How Amazon automatically tracks and fires warehouse workers for 'productivity', 25 April 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Health & safety in the workplace Labour issues Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence Technology and Human Rights: Automation
- Related companies: Amazon.com
Author: Aruna Kashyap, Human Rights Watch
"Bangladesh’s garment factories must never become death traps again", 1 February 2019...
Author: Rock Ronald Rozario, The Union of Catholic Asians News (UCAN), Hongkong
"Bangladeshi tannery workers face health and safety crisis", 30 January 2019...
India: World Bank and Tata Group must take urgent action to address long-standing health and safety concerns on their tea plantations
Author: Accountability Counsel, PAJHRA (India), PAD (India), and Nazdeek (India)
28 January 2019...
- Related stories: India: CAO Investigation report low wages & poor working conditions at Tata-World Bank Plantations
- Related in-depth areas: Health & safety in the workplace Labour rights
- Related companies: Tata Group Tetley (part of Tata Tea)
Despite its growing economy, India has one of lowest female labour force participation rates in the world. The factors contributing to this phenomenon are multi-faceted. Concerns of personal safety, security including fear of sexual harassment and opp...
Author: NewAge Bangladesh
"Alliance announces end of its tenure", 14 December 2018...
Author: Md. Sameer Sattar, The Daily Star, Bangladesh
"Towards a better labour law – recent amendments to Bangladesh Labour Act 2006", 18 December 2018...