Heating up: Setting the agenda for a just and sustainable Europe
Conference | 25-26 February | Brussels
In the wake of the Sustainable Finance Action Plan there is a real energy surrounding sustainable finance in Europe, and we are once again gathering civil society and trade unions from the European Responsible Investment Network (ERIN) and beyond, to continue to drive the conversation ahead and plan joint action.
The conference on 26 February will feature a full day of workshops and talks. The programme is now out, and you can check out all the exciting sessions here!
For a small taster of the workshops, take a look here:
- How to keep sustainable finance firmly on the political agenda following the elections in the European Parliament, as well as the start of a new mandate for the European Commission
- Mobilising investors to undertake robust engagement with high-carbon companies, with a focus on discussing approaches for AGM season 2019
- Exploring opportunities for joint work to better link NGOs and investors engaged on human rights
- Aligning European pension fund portfolios with the Paris Goals
- Assessing the levers that need to be pulled to achieve European vision of Investors’ Duties
- Aligning banks with crucial sustainability goals, with a focus on developing recommendations for The Principles for Responsible Banking
- Unlocking finance for low-carbon infrastructure
Make sure to also join us on 25 February for an evening event at the Residence Palace to launch a civil society statement on the future of sustainable finance at the EU. Key policy-makers and industry leaders will present their reflections on the agenda set by civil society, including Valdis Dombrovskis, European Commission Vice-President for the Euro and Social Dialogue; Gabriel Bernardino, Chair of the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority; and Risto Murto, President and CEO of Varma.
Whether you’re new to sustainable finance campaigning and want to get a better understanding of how to influence key players, or are keen to dive in deep to work in better coordination with European partners, this conference is for you!
This event will be held at the Residence Palace in Brussels. The full programme will be released shortly.
For more information and to register please follow the link below.