Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
[PDF] [full report] Water justice for all: global and local resistance to the control and commodification of water
Author: Friends of the Earth
The privatization of water sources around the world is a growing problem. Water is a basic human right...Rather than reducing poverty, water privatization often means that the poorest families are no longer able to afford clean water. [refers to Suez,...
[PDF] An Appeal for Action: Increasing business involvement in the global fight against HIV/AIDS [see Appendix IV, pp. 30]
Author: Louise Fréchette, UN Deputy Secretary-General; Juan Somavia, Director-General of the ILO; Peter Piot, Executive Director of UNAIDS
The experiences of companies such as De Beers, Debswana [joint venture de Beers & govt. of Botswana], DaimlerChrysler, VW [Volkswagen], Anglo Gold and Heineken have proved efficient and effective, and can serve as inspiration for other companies.....
- Related companies: Heineken
The partnership brings the U.N.-backed Global Fund to Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria together with the Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS -- which currently includes almost 130 international businesses...Nine companies pledged to use their...
Author: Natras, N., University of Cape Town, Neilson, T., Bery, P., Mistry, N., Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS, Sievers, S.E., Columbia University
[PDF] A framework for analysis of the impact of HIV/AIDS on business and the benefits of direct company action in the global response. [refers to Standard Chartered, DaimlerChrysler, Eskom, Heineken, BP, Anglo American, Viacom, MAC Cosmetics]
[DOC] [Dutch Roundtable on Business and Human Rights submission to UN consultation on business & human rights]
Author: Kees van Tilburg, Chairman of Dutch Roundtable on Business and Human Rights
The Round Table is a forum where both Dutch multinationals as well as the Dutch Section of Amnesty International are represented...Companies represented now in the Round Table are: ABN AMRO Bank, Akzo Nobel, C&A Nederland, Heineken International,...
[DOC] Private Sector Partnerships: A Case Study documenting CARE Cambodia’s partnership with Heineken International 2003 - 2005
Author: CARE International in Cambodia
This report documents the private sector partnership between the NGO CARE Cambodia and the brewery Heineken...The partnership began with the implementation of the Selling Beer Safely project to help contribute to the improved health, general well...
- Related stories: Asia: Campaign spotlights health dangers to young women promoting major beer brands
- Related companies: Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Bass (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Beck's (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Budweiser (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Carlsberg Breweries Foster's Heineken InBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) San Miguel Beer (part of San Miguel Corporation) San Miguel Corporation Stella Artois (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev)
Author: F&C Asset Management & UBS
[refers to Anglo American, AngloGold Ashanti, AstraZeneca, AVI Group, BMW, BP, Chevron, Colgate-Palmolive, DaimlerChrysler, Dell, GlaxoSmithKline, Heineken, IBM, JD Group, Lafarge, Lonmin, Merck, Nedcor (now Nedbank), Procter & Gamble, Standard...
- Related stories: Steps companies can take to manage impact of HIV/AIDS in Brazil, Russia, India, China
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti AstraZeneca BMW BP Chevron Colgate-Palmolive DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell GlaxoSmithKline Heineken IBM Lafarge Lonmin Merck Nedbank Procter & Gamble Standard Chartered UBS Unilever Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)