Helly Hansen website: www.hellyhansen.com
Suppliers evaluate textile companies' responsible purchasing practices in Better Buying Purchasing Practices Index Report
Author: Better Buying
Better Buying Index Report Spring 2018, 22 May 2018...
- Related companies: 360 Sweater Company Abercrombie & Fitch American Eagle Outfitters Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Burberry C&A Canada Pooch Cato Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts Children's Place Debenhams Destination Maternity Dimensions (part of Tailored Brands) Edinburgh Woollen Mill Fashion Pool GmbH Fenix Group Gap Giorgio Armani Hakro Hanes (part of Hanesbrands) Helly Hansen Hobbs House of Fraser Inditex J. Crew J.C. Penney JP Boden & Co Karen Millen Kate Spade & Company Kohl's L.L.Bean Levi Strauss Macy's Mammut Sports Group Mark's/L'Équipeur Work Wearhouse (part of Canadian Tire) Masai Clothing Company Mountain Equipment Co-op New Balance No Ordinary Designer Label (part of Ted Baker) Nordstrom Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf Pretty Green PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Rapha Racing Reiss Sainsbury's Sportsgirl Strategic Partners Sugartown Worldwide (Lilly Pulitzer) Talbots Target Tesco The White Company Tommy Bahama Group Uber A/S Urban Outfitters VF Corp W. L. Gore & Associates Walmart Whistles White Stuff
Woolworths Australia, GEBRA, Wünsche Group of Germany, became the latest brands to sign the Accord, which aims to make the garment industry safe and sustainable for years to come...The signatory brands have committed to making the changes garment...
- Related stories: ILO and Bangladesh Govt. launch major 3.5-year initiative to improve working conditions and safety in garment factories
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch ABIL (see African Bank Investments Limited) Aldi Nord Aldi Süd American Eagle Outfitters Arcadia Group Auchan Benetton Bestseller C&A Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Carrefour Debenhams El Corte Inglés Esprit G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Hess Corporation Horizonte (part of VDL Group) John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership KarstadtQuelle KiK Kmart (part of Sears) Leclerc Lidl Loblaw Companies Mango Marks & Spencer Matalan Metro Group Mothercare Sean John Clothing Sears Switcher Target Tchibo Tesco Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing)
Author: Peuples solidaires & Collectif Ethique sur l’étiquette (France)
Les marques leaders de l’habillement dans le monde s’engagent à mettre en œuvre l’Accord sur les incendies et la sécurité des bâtiments au Bangladesh avant la date butoir fixée à minuit le 15 mai. L’Accord s’applique désormais à plus de 1000 usines d...
- Related companies: Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Associated British Foods Auchan Benetton Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carrefour El Corte Inglés Esprit G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Inditex KiK Lidl Mango Marks & Spencer Mothercare New Look Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sainsbury's Switcher Tchibo Tesco Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Simon Neville, Guardian [UK]
Walmart has confirmed it will not sign up to a legally binding agreement on worker safety and building regulations in Bangladesh…[T]he…retail giant has created its own agreement, which it claims goes beyond the current accord…The company…said the deal...
- Related companies: Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Arcadia Group ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods Benetton BHS C&A Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carrefour El Corte Inglés G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Inditex John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) KiK Loblaw Companies Mango Marks & Spencer Matalan Mothercare New Look Next Peacocks (part of EWM Group) Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Sainsbury's Tchibo Tesco Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: IndustriALL Global Union
Ahead of the midnight deadline, at least 24 garment and retail brands sourcing from Bangladesh have agreed to sign on to the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh. IndustriALL, UNI Global Union and their NGO partners are expecting further...
- Related stories: 24 garment & retail brands sourcing from Bangladesh sign on to the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in the country
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association
- Related companies: Benetton Carrefour G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Inditex KiK Mothercare New Look Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sainsbury Tchibo
Author: Alejandro Teitelbaum, Jus Semper Global Alliance
In this brief…[Alejandro Teitelbaum, former Permanent Representative to the UN for the American Association of Jurists]…analyses the catastrophe that occurred in Bangladesh in a building where more than 3000 people worked and where almost a third died...
- Related stories: The Catastrophe of Bangladesh - An emblematic case of global capitalism
- Related companies: adidas Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Auchan Benetton C&A Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carrefour El Corte Inglés Esprit Gap H&M Helly Hansen Inditex KiK Lidl Mango Marks & Spencer Mothercare New Look Next Nike Polo Ralph Lauren Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sainsbury's Switcher Tchibo Tesco Walmart
Author: Bob Smith, grough.co.uk
Ethical Consumer magazine says that, despite having a healthy and wholesome image the outdoor gear industry is in reality heavily dependent upon oil-based chemicals for the production of everything from tents to walking jackets, the production of...
Author: International Textile, Garment and Leather Workers’ Federation (ITGLWF)
Neil Kearney, General Secretary of the Brussels-based International Textile, Garment and Leather Workers’ Federation...[said] “As soon as the company [Metraco] became aware that workers were unionising, management started questioning workers about...