Headquarters in USA
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains. In 2018 KnowTheChain benchmarked over 120 global companies across the three sectors. 2018 Information & C...
USA: Govt. actions to advance business & human rights in 2018 included focus on labour rights & supply chain monitoring
Author: U.S. Department of State
"U.S. government efforts to advance business and human rights in 2018," ...
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark
Since its inception, the CHRB has been aiming to answer a deceptively simple question; which companies perform best on human rights issues? [...] [T]his document [...] rank[s] 101 of the world’s largest companies in high human-rights-risk sectors and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases 2018 ranking results on human rights performance of 101 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México H&M Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Sasol Shell Shenhua Group Shoprite Sinopec Starbucks Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Wesfarmers Woolworths Group YUM!
Commentary: Chocolate makers facing lawsuits over failure to effectively address use of child labour in cocoa supply chains
Author: Rosa Furneaux, Mother Jones (USA)
"Your Halloween Candy’s Hidden Ingredient: Child Slave Labor", 31 Oct 2018...
- Related stories: Hershey lawsuit (re child labour in Côte d’Ivoire) Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland lawsuit (re Côte d'Ivoire)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Hershey Mars Nestlé
Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin: The use of consumer protection laws for corporate accountability
In 2015 and 2018, American consumers filed two separate class action lawsuits against The Hershey Company (Hershey’s), in California and Massachusetts U.S. district courts respectively. The claimants allege that the company is violating these states’ ...
Africa: Mars has no legal duty to disclose information about possible forced child labor on its product labels, rules court
Author: Bob Egelko, mrt.com (Etats-Unis)
"Mars bars don’t need possible slave labor warning on wrapper, court rules", 6 June 2018...
Author: Norton Rose Fulbright and the British Institute for International and Comparative Law
Making sense of managing human rights issues in supply chains: 2018 report and analysis, May 2018....
In 2017, CHRB launched the first Corporate Human Rights Benchmark, a landmark assessment of the largest public companies in the agricultural products, apparel and extractives industries. In 2018, CHRB will be releasing the follow up benchmark and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark launches 2018 Progress Report
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol EOG Resources ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Petroleum Marks & Spencer McDonald's Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) PepsiCo Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Statoil Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Woolworths Group YUM!
USA: Chocolate manufacturer Hershey to face consumers' lawsuit alleging failure to disclose human rights abuses in their supply chain
Author: Perkins Coie, JD Supra (USA)
"New Human Rights Case Alleging Deception Of Consumers Filed Against Food Companies (This Time On The East Coast)", 7 Mar 2018...