Headquarters in USA
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark
Since its inception, the CHRB has been aiming to answer a deceptively simple question; which companies perform best on human rights issues? [...] [T]his document [...] rank[s] 101 of the world’s largest companies in high human-rights-risk sectors and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases 2018 ranking results on human rights performance of 101 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México H&M Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Sasol Shell Shenhua Group Shoprite Sinopec Starbucks Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Wesfarmers Woolworths Group YUM!
Commentary: Chocolate makers facing lawsuits over failure to effectively address use of child labour in cocoa supply chains
Author: Rosa Furneaux, Mother Jones (USA)
"Your Halloween Candy’s Hidden Ingredient: Child Slave Labor", 31 Oct 2018...
- Related stories: Hershey lawsuit (re child labour in Côte d’Ivoire) Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland lawsuit (re Côte d'Ivoire)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Hershey Mars Nestlé
"Gender equality global report and ranking," 4 October 2018...
- Related companies: 3i Aegon Agilent Technologies Air Canada Allstate American Express American Water ANZ Bank Assa Abloy AstraZeneca Aviva AXA Axel Springer Bank Hapoalim Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bankinter Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP Billiton bioMérieux BNP Paribas Boliden Burberry CA Technologies CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Caltex Campbell Soup Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citigroup CNP Assurances Comcast Commonwealth Bank Continental AG DBS Bank Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Ebro Eli Lilly Enagás Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Ericsson Fabege Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Genmab Givaudan GlaxoSmithKline Handelsbanken Henkel Hershey Iberdrola IBM ICA Gruppen Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Investa Property Group Investec Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering KPN L'Oreal Land Securities Leumi Li & Fung Lloyds Group Macquarie Bank Marks & Spencer MasterCard Merck Mercury Michelin Microsoft Millicom Molson Coors National Australia Bank National Grid NCC Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro Oil Search Orange Origin Energy Pearson Peugeot (see PSA Peugeot-Citroën) PNC Financial Services Publicis Qantas Airways QBE Insurance Red Eléctrica de España Rentokil Initial ResMed Roche Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal DSM Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Royal Mail Salesforce.com Sanofi Schibsted Schneider Electric SEB Sempra Energy Severn Trent Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Sodexo South32 (part of BHP Billiton) Standard Chartered State Street Stockland Stora Enso Suncorp Swedbank TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) Telenor Téléperformance Telia Telstra Transurban UBS Unilever Verizon Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Westpac Whitbread Woolworths Group WPP Zurich
Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin: The use of consumer protection laws for corporate accountability
In 2015 and 2018, American consumers filed two separate class action lawsuits against The Hershey Company (Hershey’s), in California and Massachusetts U.S. district courts respectively. The claimants allege that the company is violating these states’ ...
Africa: Mars has no legal duty to disclose information about possible forced child labor on its product labels, rules court
Author: Bob Egelko, mrt.com (Etats-Unis)
"Mars bars don’t need possible slave labor warning on wrapper, court rules", 6 June 2018...
Author: Norton Rose Fulbright and the British Institute for International and Comparative Law
Making sense of managing human rights issues in supply chains: 2018 report and analysis, May 2018....
In 2017, CHRB launched the first Corporate Human Rights Benchmark, a landmark assessment of the largest public companies in the agricultural products, apparel and extractives industries. In 2018, CHRB will be releasing the follow up benchmark and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark launches 2018 Progress Report
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol EOG Resources ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Petroleum Marks & Spencer McDonald's Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) PepsiCo Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Statoil Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Woolworths Group YUM!
USA: Chocolate manufacturer Hershey to face consumers' lawsuit alleging failure to disclose human rights abuses in their supply chain
Author: Perkins Coie, JD Supra (USA)
"New Human Rights Case Alleging Deception Of Consumers Filed Against Food Companies (This Time On The East Coast)", 7 Mar 2018...