Member of UN Global Compact
The company changed its name from Amerada Hess to Hess Corporation in May 2006
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Hess Corp. did not respond to Publish What You Pay-US's call for EITI companies to issue statements regarding the repeal of transparency regulations under US Dodd-Frank Act section 1504.
- Related stories: Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 13 firms
- This is a non response from the following companies: Hess Corporation
Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 13 firms
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre has invited 30 companies to respond to an open letter by Publish What You Pay coalitions and several of their member NGOs. The letter urges the 30 companies to issue statements in support of disclosure by...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Fossil fuel firms respond to petition before Philippines Human Rights Commission on human rights & climate impacts
Greenpeace, disaster survivors, and community organisations from the Philippines submitted a complaint to the Commission on Human Rights of the Philippines (CHR) against 47 large fossil fuel and cement companies over their role in "human-induced...
Philippines: World’s largest carbon producers ordered to respond to complaint alleging human rights abuses from climate change
In September 2015, civil society groups and typhoon survivors brought a complaint before the Commission of Human Rights of the Philippines calling for an investigation into the responsibility of big fossil fuel companies for fuelling climate change...
Author: Observatorio de Conflictos Mineros de América Latina OCMAL
“Nueva publicación de OCMAL: ‘Conflictos mineros en América Latina: Extracción, saqueo y agresión. Estado de situación en 2015’”...
- Related in-depth areas: Recursos naturales
- Related companies: Anglo American Arcelor Mittal Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) China Minmetals Codelco Glencore Grupo Antofagasta Minerals (part of Grupo Luksic) Grupo Luksic Grupo Sacyr Vallehermoso Hess Corporation Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minera Aratirí (part of Zamin Ferrous Group) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) OceanaGold Pacific Rim Mining Pan American Silver Petrobras Samarco (joint venture BHP Billiton and Vale) Triton Energy (part of Amerada Hess) Vale Zamin Ferrous Group
Author: Gina-Marie Cheeseman, Just Means (USA)
"Record Number of Climate Change Shareholder Resolutions Filed This Year", 28 Mar 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism
- Related companies: Anadarko Chevron ExxonMobil Hess Corporation
Author: Benjamin Hulac, Environment & Energy Publishing (E&E) (USA)
"Spurred by Paris, shareholder climate resolutions reach new high", 9 Mar 2016...
Author: Jason Margolis, Public Radio International (USA)
"Can a Norwegian company with 'oil' in its name transform into a wind company?", 22 Jan 2016...
Author: Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
Through implementation of the Voluntary Principles, and participation in the Voluntary Principles Initiative, companies are better able to align their corporate policies and procedures with internationally recognized human rights principles in the...
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold BG Group BHP Billiton BP Chevron ConocoPhillips ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Newcrest Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Occidental Petroleum Pacific Rubiales Energy Premier Oil Repsol Rio Tinto Shell Statoil Total Tullow Oil