Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Harry Stevens, TriplePundit (USA)
Dozens of Hyatt hotel workers gathered outside the company’s annual shareholders’ meeting in Chicago last week to protest what they call “longstanding labor abuses” by the [company]...The protesters were members of UNITE HERE, a labor union...[that]...
Author: Janet Harmer, Caterer and Hotelkeeper [UK]
Several of the UK’s largest hotel companies [including Hilton Worldwide, the InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG), Travelodge and Premier Inn,] have dismissed suggestions that the sub-contracting of housekeeping services by agencies has led to the...
- Related stories: UK: Parliamentary meeting calls for better working conditions for agency housekeepers at hotels
- Related companies: Hilton InterContinental Hotels
Resource Centre press release - [PDF] Press Release: As Eurovision Song Contest approaches, concerns about hidden cameras in Azerbaijan hotel room, 16 May 2012...
[PDF] Press Release: As Eurovision Song Contest approaches, concerns about hidden cameras in Azerbaijan hotel rooms
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre sought responses from seven companies that operate leading hotels in Baku, Azerbaijan, about reports that hidden cameras have repeatedly been placed in hotel rooms in the country to record people having sex...
- Related stories: Concerns about hidden cameras in hotel rooms as Eurovision Song Contest approaches.
- Related companies: Carlson Excelsior Hotel Baku Hilton Hyatt Kempinski Hotels Radisson Hotel Group Ramada International (part of Wyndham) Sheraton (part of Starwood Hotels) Starwood Hotels Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
In Advance of London Olympics, U.S. and U.K. Investors Ask Corporations to Step Up Anti-Trafficking and Slavery Efforts
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility [USA]
...[A] coalition of U.S. and U.K. investors and NGOs have united to call on corporations to strengthen their focus against human trafficking and modern slavery in advance of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games...The initiative focuses on the London tourism...
- Related stories: Investors call on Olympic sponsors, tourism sector to step up anti-trafficking, slavery efforts in advance of London Olympics
- Related companies: Accor adidas Arcelor Mittal Best Western BMW British Airways Carlson Choice Hotels Coca-Cola Hilton Hyatt InterContinental Hotels John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) McDonald's Next Procter & Gamble Rio Tinto Sainsbury's Samsung Starwood Hotels Thomas Cook Whitbread
[PDF] Press Release - Bahrain Grand Prix: Only 29% of Formula One companies respond to human rights concerns
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Only 29% of firms linked to Formula One responded to Business & Human Rights Resource Centre about human rights concerns that various organizations raised relating to the Bahrain Grand Prix, scheduled for 20-22 April. Forty two companies or teams...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre press release: Only 29% of Formula One companies respond to human rights concerns Protests over the Bahrain Grand Prix 2012
- Related companies: Acer adidas Alpinestars Casio Caterham F1 Team (part of Caterham) CNBC (part of Comcast) CNN (part of Time Warner) Comcast Cosworth Daimler Dell Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo Falcon Private Bank (part of International Petroleum Investment Company) Force India Gillette (part of Procter & Gamble) Hackett Hilton Hugo Boss Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Microsoft Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group NEC Petronas Philip Morris International Pirelli Procter & Gamble Reebok (part of adidas) Renault Santander Siemens Tata Group Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Time Warner UB Group Virgin Group Visa Inc. Vodafone
The Tourism Child-Protection Code of Conduct is the only voluntary set of business principles travel and tour companies can implement to prevent child sex tourism and trafficking of children...Current U.S. signatories [as of 10 Jan 2011] include...
- Related stories: Nix signs code of conduct for meeting planners on child sex trafficking, developed with ECPAT-US - marks US Human Trafficking Awareness Day (Weds 11 Jan)
- Related in-depth areas: Business tools and guidance Latest news on Children
- Related companies: Carlson Delta Air Lines Hilton Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Response by Hilton Worldwide: Concerns about hidden cameras in hotel rooms as Eurovision Song Contest approaches.
- Related in-depth areas: Concerns over human rights abuses at hotels in Azerbaijan
- This is a response from the following companies: Hilton