Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Sweden
H&M (Hennes & Mauritz) website: http://www.hm.com
Clean Clothes Campaign criticises H&M for making "bold claims" about progress on living wage in sustainability report; incl. co comments
Author: Michelle Russell, 13 April 2018
"H&M under fire over living wage claims", 13 April 2018...
- Related companies: H&M
Author: Jill Serjeant, Reuters (US)
"Heineken retira anúncio de nova cerveja após queixa de racismo de Chance the Rapper"...A fabricante de cerveja Heineken comunicou...[em 27 de marco]...que retirou o anúncio de...cerveja de baixa caloria depois que o músico Chance the Rapper...
Cambodia: Apparel groups warn restrictions on freedom of association will make Cambodia unattractive & expensive place to do business
Author: Daphne Chen, The Phnom Penh Post (Cambodia)
"Apparel groups including H&M and Gap urge Cambodia garment industry reform, seek meeting with Hun Sen", 21 Mar 2018...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Apparel brands stand up for human rights defenders, civic freedoms & urge garment industry reform
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: ASOS Gap H&M
Roundtable addresses need for improved corporate governance by investors, CEOs & business networks to end slavery in supply chains; incl. contribution by BHRRC
Author: Joanna Radeke and Tammi L. Coles, Corporate Knights
Slavery remains a disturbing reality of the world's labour markets. In the private sector especially, some 16 million people are enslaved – forced to work in sectors as diverse as agriculture, construction and the cosmetics industry. And while cases...
India: Report finds female migrant workers are subjected to conditions of modern slavery in factories supplying to garment brands; incl. co responses
"Labour without Liberty", a report by India Committee of the Netherlands, Clean Clothes Campaign and Garment Labour Union, looks into the living conditions in Bangalore garment factory hostels and the particular challenges migrant workers face. The...
European fashion giants H&M and C&A, as well as technology company 3M, are looking into a report in the Financial Times alleging that inmates of a Chinese prison made packaging used by the companies......
We welcome this report and are genuinely concerned about the challenges within the Indian textile industry that it draws attention to. We share the concerns raised in the report and we are sorry if our answers to the organizations behind the report...
- This is a response from the following companies: H&M
Author: Prachi Singh, Fashion United
"Primark publishes global supplier list as it embraces transparency", 7 Feb 18...
Author: Belga, Sudinfo.be
L’enseigne de prêt-à-porter irlandaise Primark a publié la liste de ses plus de 1.000 fournisseurs, répartis dans 31 pays à travers le monde, se réjouit jeudi la plateforme Achact, qui vise à améliorer les conditions de travail des ouvriers du textile...
- Related stories: Primark publie les noms et des informations sur ses 1000 fournisseurs, des ONGs l'encouragent à également signer le Pacte pour la Transparence
- Related companies: adidas Asics C&A Esprit G-Star Raw Gap H&M Levi Strauss Marks & Spencer New Look Nike Patagonia Pentland Group Primark (part of Associated British Foods)