Headquarters in USA
Home Depot website: http://www.homedepot.com
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Corporations increasingly vocal on social issues but still mostly lobbying for lower taxes - Oxfam America report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market
USA: Georgia Lt. Governor threatened to eliminate proposed tax breaks for Delta after it ended discounts for NRA members
Author: Richard Fausset & Tiffany Hsu, The New York Times
"In N.R.A. fight, Delta finds that there is no neutral ground," 27 February 2018...
USA: Lawsuit filed against Hendren Plastics, supplier to Home Depot & Walmart, for alleged use of prison labour
Author: John Kiriakou, OpEd News
State Senate Majority Leader Jim Hendren, a Republican, is using unpaid, forced inmate labor to work at his plastics company, which makes dock floats for Home Depot and Walmart, according to Prison Legal News... ...
Author: Corynne Cirille, Racked
As the nation’s largest lobbying group, the US Chamber...spent close to $104 million on lobbying in 2016... Over the years, intense public pressure forced many corporations to take a public stance on issues like climate change, equal pay, and...
- Related stories: NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Apple Costco CVS DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Disney (see Walt Disney) Facebook Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Gap General Mills Home Depot Johnson & Johnson Loews Merck Nike Nordstrom Pacific Gas & Electric (see PG&E) Starbucks Target Unilever Walt Disney
Papua New Guinea: US retailers of timber products commit to product changes following allegations of links to indigenous rights abuses and illegal logging activities
In its report “Stained Trade”, Global Witness claims that indigenous communities across Papua New Guinea (PNG) are experiencing environmental destruction and loss of their livelihoods through land grabs as ancient rainforests are harvested by foreign-...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
USA: Federal govt., states & workers taking greater legal action on gender pay inequality among professionals
Author: Gina Passarella, Law.com (USA)
Assault on Wage Gap Forcing Industry to Pay More Than Lip ServiceA series of articles on gender pay equity, 21 Oct. 2016...