Headquarters in USA
Home Depot website: http://www.homedepot.com
USA: Business Must Act Coalition calls on 29 companies to prohibit guns in their stores & invest in community safety
The Business Must Act Coalition, comprised of 26 civil society groups, believes that American businesses have a civic responsibility to keep their customers and employees safe from gun violence in the absence of US government action on gun reform. In...
Author: The Home Depot
The Home Depot allows guns in stores where it’s legal to do so, which is based on the decision of local elected officials.
- Related stories: USA: Business Must Act Coalition calls on 29 companies to prohibit guns in their stores & invest in community safety
- This is a response from the following companies: Home Depot
KnowTheChain assessed 39 of the largest publicly listed companies in the paper and forestry and home furnishing retail sectors on their efforts to address forced labour risks in their supply chains, based on publicly disclosed information. The findings...
- Related stories: KnowTheChain: Ranking companies' efforts to address forced labour in their supply chains
- Related companies: Aaron's Inc Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Bed Bath & Beyond Canfor Corporation Domtar Duratex SA Empresas CMPC Fibria Floor & Decor Holdings Inc Holmen Home Depot Home Product Center Public Company Limited Howden Joinery Group Plc International Paper Kingfisher Lee and Man Paper Manufacturing Limited Louisiana-Pacific Lowe's Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia) Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nine Dragons Paper Nippon Paper Industries Co Ltd Nitori Holdings Co Ltd Norbord Inc Oji Paper Sappi Shandong Chenming Paper Holdings Ltd Siam Global House Public Company Limited Stella-Jones Inc Stora Enso Suzano Papel e Celulose The Navigator Company SA UPM Via Varejo SA West Fraser Timber Co Ltd WestRock Weyerhaeuser Williams Sonoma
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Corporations increasingly vocal on social issues but still mostly lobbying for lower taxes - Oxfam America report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon)
USA: Georgia Lt. Governor threatened to eliminate proposed tax breaks for Delta after it ended discounts for NRA members
Author: Richard Fausset & Tiffany Hsu, The New York Times
"In N.R.A. fight, Delta finds that there is no neutral ground," 27 February 2018...
USA: Lawsuit filed against Hendren Plastics, supplier to Home Depot & Walmart, for alleged use of prison labour
Author: John Kiriakou, OpEd News
State Senate Majority Leader Jim Hendren, a Republican, is using unpaid, forced inmate labor to work at his plastics company, which makes dock floats for Home Depot and Walmart, according to Prison Legal News... ...
Author: Corynne Cirille, Racked
As the nation’s largest lobbying group, the US Chamber...spent close to $104 million on lobbying in 2016... Over the years, intense public pressure forced many corporations to take a public stance on issues like climate change, equal pay, and...
- Related stories: NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Apple Costco CVS DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Disney (see Walt Disney) Facebook Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Gap General Mills Home Depot Johnson & Johnson Loews Merck Nike Nordstrom Pacific Gas & Electric (see PG&E) Starbucks Target Unilever Walt Disney
Papua New Guinea: US retailers of timber products commit to product changes following allegations of links to indigenous rights abuses and illegal logging activities
In its report “Stained Trade”, Global Witness claims that indigenous communities across Papua New Guinea (PNG) are experiencing environmental destruction and loss of their livelihoods through land grabs as ancient rainforests are harvested by foreign-...