Headquarters in USA
Home Depot website: http://www.homedepot.com
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market
USA: Georgia Lt. Governor threatened to eliminate proposed tax breaks for Delta after it ended discounts for NRA members
Author: Richard Fausset & Tiffany Hsu, The New York Times
"In N.R.A. fight, Delta finds that there is no neutral ground," 27 February 2018...
USA: Lawsuit filed against Hendren Plastics, supplier to Home Depot & Walmart, for alleged use of prison labour
Author: John Kiriakou, OpEd News
State Senate Majority Leader Jim Hendren, a Republican, is using unpaid, forced inmate labor to work at his plastics company, which makes dock floats for Home Depot and Walmart, according to Prison Legal News... ...
Author: Corynne Cirille, Racked
As the nation’s largest lobbying group, the US Chamber...spent close to $104 million on lobbying in 2016... Over the years, intense public pressure forced many corporations to take a public stance on issues like climate change, equal pay, and...
- Related stories: NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Apple Costco CVS DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Disney (see Walt Disney) Facebook Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Gap General Mills Home Depot Johnson & Johnson Loews Merck Nike Nordstrom Pacific Gas & Electric (see PG&E) Starbucks Target Unilever Walt Disney
Papua New Guinea: US retailers of timber products commit to product changes following allegations of links to indigenous rights abuses and illegal logging activities
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
USA: Federal govt., states & workers taking greater legal action on gender pay inequality among professionals
Author: Gina Passarella, Law.com (USA)
Assault on Wage Gap Forcing Industry to Pay More Than Lip ServiceA series of articles on gender pay equity, 21 Oct. 2016...