Headquarters in USA
Home Depot website: http://www.homedepot.com
Investors Persuade Big-Box Retailers and Shopping Mall Giant to Disclose Energy Efficiency and Climate-Related Performance [USA]
Author: CERES, in CSRwire
In response to shareholder requests [filed by Nathan Cummings Foundation and religious investment funds that are part of Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility], two leading big-box retailers and the nation’s largest shopping mall company have...
Author: Amnesty International USA
Author: Association of Sustainable and Responsible Investment in Asia (ASrIA)
The Taking Stock report focuses on identifying the key investment themes which investors should be evaluating in order to analyze environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues relevant to the largest and highest impact sectors in Asia...banks,...
- Related stories: Association of Sustainable and Responsible Investment in Asia (ASrIA) & IFC report highlights key themes by sector for analysis of Asian companies' environmental, social & governance performance
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas APRIL (Asia Pacific Resources International Limited) Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) B&Q (part of Kingfisher) Bank Negara Indonesia Banpu BHP Billiton BYD Celestica Cemex China Exim China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) China Steel Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Debenhams Dell Flextronics Ford GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Gap Gold Peak Grameen Bank H&M Henan Rebecca Hitachi Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Huawei Technologies IBM IKEA ING Intel Jabil Circuit Jaya Tiasa JPMorgan Chase Kingfisher Kookmin Bank Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Limited Brands Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Luen Thai NEC New Look Newmont Goldcorp Nike ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Patagonia Pentland Group PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Polo Ralph Lauren Posco PTT Rabobank Reebok (part of adidas) Rimbunan Hijau Royal Philips Electronics Sainsbury's Sanmina-SCI Sharp Shenhua Group Siam Cement Sinar Mas Group Sinopec Solectron Sony Stora Enso Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) UPM Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Yanzhou Coal Yue Yuen
Author: Michael Shellenberger & Ethical Business Campaigns Network
How did a few scrappy NGOs – many of which have budgets under $2 million – force sweeping changes in multi-billion dollar industries worldwide?... Ethical business campaigns – often referred to as “corporate campaigns” or “market campaigns” – use both...
Author: Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS
[case studies include: Abbott Laboratories, Accra Brewery, African Rainbow Minerals, Anglo American, AngloGold, Barbados Employers' Confederation, BP, British American Tobacco, Chevron Texaco (now Chevron), Coca–Cola, Compagnie Ivoirienne d...
- Related stories: Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS announces new best practice standard for corporate AIDS programmes
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti BP British American Tobacco Chevron Coca-Cola Compagnie Ivoirienne d'Electricité (CIE) DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) De Beers Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Eskom ExxonMobil Ford GlaxoSmithKline Haco Industries Heineken Home Depot IBM Merck Modi Enterprises Modicare (part of Modi Enterprises) Nestlé Old Mutual Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rohm Shell Standard Chartered Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Unilever Volkswagen Whirlpool
Author: Karin Rives, Raleigh News & Observer [USA]
After spending decades competing on price, a growing number of retailers are now focusing new marketing efforts on people...who care just enough about social values to be selective in how they shop... Companies also have to worry more today about...
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
Socially responsible investors cautiously applaud Wal-Mart for committing to social and environmental sustainability, but remain highly skeptical about actual implementation... The very fact Wal-Mart is addressing the issues it has so long avoided or...
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
The two leading global socially responsible investment (SRI) index providers, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI) and FTSE4Good, announced results of their annual reviews yesterday...High-profile names stud the DJSI lists, with McDonald's,...
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Alcoa Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Charles Schwab Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Colgate-Palmolive DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dow Chemical Fannie Mae Fifth Third Bank Georgia-Pacific (part of Koch Industries) Goldman Sachs H&R Block Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Home Depot Mattel McDonald's MCI Nomura Provident Financial US Bancorp Volkswagen Walgreen