Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: 20 minutes, France
« La justice réclame Hervé Falciani à Genève », 19 avril 2018...
- Related companies: HSBC
Author: Lexi Novitske, Stanford Social Innovation Review
"The AI Invasion if coming to Africa (and it's a good thing)," 12 February 2018...
Australia: Growing support amongst large institutional investors for shareholder & NGO campaigns on climate & human rights
Author: Ruth Williams, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Big investors backed shareholder campaigns on climate, human rights", 23 February 2018...
- Related companies: ABP AMP Group Aviva BHP Billiton BlackRock Colonial First State Commonwealth Bank Deutsche Bank Elliott Management ExxonMobil HSBC Macquarie Bank MLC (part of National Australia Bank) Morgan Stanley Nordea Bank Occidental Petroleum Oil Search Origin Energy QBE Insurance Rio Tinto Santos Schroders State Street Vanguard Wells Fargo Westpac Woolworths Limited
UK: Church investment fund says it will refuse to reelect directors at firms over gender & climate change concerns
Author: Angela Monaghan, The Guardian (UK)
The Church Investors Group has warned some of Britain’s biggest companies it intends to take a hard line on executive pay, gender diversity and climate change over the forthcoming annual meeting season. The group, which represents church organisations...
“Reward work, not wealth”...
BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
In this briefing paper, BankTrack examines whether private sector banks may have contributed to adverse human rights impacts through their provision of finance. The paper explores eight cases of human rights abuses and the relationship and...
... HSBC does take human rights issues seriously and our Metals and Mining policy has made reference to human rights impacts since 2007. In 2017 we revised this policy and it explicitly states that our global business must undertake additional due...
- Related stories: BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
- This is a response from the following companies: HSBC
Author: RTBF (Belgique)
Un groupement de plus de 200 grands investisseurs a décidé de mettre la pression sur 100 entreprises parmi les plus émettrices de gaz à effet de serre, pour qu'elles adaptent leur modèle à la lutte contre le réchauffement climatique....
- Related stories: France : Le One Planet Summit sur le financement de la lutte contre le changement climatique se tient à Paris du 11 au 13 décembre
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism
- Related companies: Airbus Arcelor Mittal BHP Billiton BP Chevron Coal India (CIL) Ford Glencore HSBC Volkswagen