Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Shane Darcy, Business and Human Rights Journal, Volume 2, Issue 1
This article addresses tax avoidance by companies in the context of the emerging field of business and human rights. It describes the mechanics of corporate tax avoidance and the human costs of such practices. It then considers the extent to which tax...
HSBC tightens standards on lending to the palm oil industry following Greenpeace report on its links to environmental destruction in Indonesia
Author: Emiko Terazono and Martin Arnold, Financial Times
“HSBC tightens standards on lending to palm oil industry”, 20 Feb 2017...
- Related stories: Indonesia: HSBC accused of supporting environmental destruction by financing companies linked to unsustainable palm oil; HSBC responds
- Related companies: HSBC IOI Group
Indonesia: HSBC accused of supporting environmental destruction by financing companies linked to unsustainable palm oil; HSBC responds
Author: Ian Johnston, Independent (UK)
"World could enjoy utopian future with sustainable development, year-long study finds", 16 Jan 2017...
Author: Frances Perraudin, Guardian (UK)
"Finance companies aim to have women in third of top jobs", 12 Dec 2016...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: World Resources Institute Press Release
16 Nov 2016...
- Related stories: More than 300 companies commit to science based emission reduction targets to align operations with Paris Agreement goals
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Cisco Systems Coca-Cola Enterprises Dell Diageo General Mills HSBC Kellogg Motorola Solutions NRG Energy PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Sony SunPower Walmart
BankTrack's 2nd benchmarking report finds most banks still failing to deliver on UN Guiding Principles
We were pleased to increase our score this year, albeit from a low base. HSBC is committed to respecting human rights; we recognise that human rights issues are complex and that the roles and responsibilities of business and other stakeholders are the...
- Related stories: BankTrack's 2nd benchmarking report finds most banks still failing to deliver on UN Guiding Principles
- This is a response from the following companies: HSBC