Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
BankTrack's 2nd benchmarking report finds most banks still failing to deliver on UN Guiding Principles
We were pleased to increase our score this year, albeit from a low base. HSBC is committed to respecting human rights; we recognise that human rights issues are complex and that the roles and responsibilities of business and other stakeholders are the...
- Related stories: BankTrack's 2nd benchmarking report finds most banks still failing to deliver on UN Guiding Principles
- This is a response from the following companies: HSBC
Author: Investor Platform for Climate Actions
Dear G20 Leaders:...
- Related stories: 130 investors sign letter calling on G20 to take steps to meet Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: Aegon AMP Group Australian Ethical Investment Aviva AXA BNP Paribas BT Danske Bank Dragon Capital Group Friends Provident Henderson Global Investors (part of AMP Group) HSBC Mn Services Natixis Nordea Bank Old Mutual PGGM Robeco Russell Investments Trillium Corporation
Report links financial sector to human rights abuses of asylum-seekers in Australia's offshore detention centres
Ferrovial could be liable for crimes against humanity over conditions in Australia’s refugee camps in Papua New Guinea; incl. company comments
Author: Ben Doherty & Patrick Kingsley, Guardian (UK)
"Refugee camp company in Australia 'liable for crimes against humanity'", 25 Jul 2016...
- Related stories: Report links financial sector to human rights abuses of asylum-seekers in Australia's offshore detention centres
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Banco Popular Banco Sabadell Bank of America Bankinter Barclays BBVA BNP Paribas Citigroup Crédit Agricole Deutsche Bank Ferrovial HSBC Intesa Sanpaolo JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley Royal Bank of Scotland Santander Société Générale
On defence, our position is quite clear and the publicly available defence policy, available at http://www.hsbc.com/our-approach/sustainability/finance [references]...anti-personnel mines and cluster bombs...other weapons...On shareholdings, we can...
- Related stories: Facing Finance report investigates abuses by 20 companies & ties to financial institutions
- Related companies: HSBC
Hong Kong: Oxfam publishes report on Hang Seng Index (HSI) constituents' ESG disclosure, shows 1/3 of surveyed companies lagging behind
"Oxfam published its ‘Survey on the Hang Seng Index (HSI) Constituents’ Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)’...which reviews the 50 Hang Seng Index constituents’ ESG policies, practices and performance. It found that nearly a third of these...
Banktrack presents human rights abuses’ allegations by Drummond in Colombia to 7 banks providing finance to the coal company; only 2 disclose any action taken in response
In its second Human Rights Impact Assessment briefing, Banktrack contacted seven banks that provided loans to coal company Drummond. The Dutch peace movement PAX has investigated reports of links between violence in Colombia and mining companies...
Nordea is named in The Panama Papers...Headquartered in Stockholm, Nordea Bank AB, is a Nordic financial services group operating in Northern Europe. The bank is the result of the successive mergers of the Finnish, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish banks....