Human Rights Analyst
- Location: Berkeley, CA
- Salary: competitive non-profit sector salary with strong benefits, including health insurance, generous paid leave provisions and the possibility of small relocation package for those living outside of the Bay Area
- Closing Date: 07/01/2019
MSI seeking a talented and motivated candidate to work closely with the Research Director to implement MSI Integrity’s activities and programs. The role requires a track-record of producing rigorous research, the ability to work both locally and globally with different stakeholders, the capacity to engage in both detailed analysis and high-level strategic thinking, and a commitment to human rights, local empowerment, and equality. Examples of likely activities over the next two years include:
- In-depth analysis and research into accountability mechanisms and governance structures, as well as into emerging issues in global governance and human rights.
- Developing frameworks and hands-on programs to support civil society and affected communities to engage effectively in or around MSIs.
- On-the-ground research into the impact and value of MSIs, particularly from the perspective of the communities that MSIs are designed to benefit or protect.
- Facilitate and coordinate the activities of our Research Network, in consultation and collaboration with the Research Director.
- Work with the Executive Director on initiatives to encourage debate in both global and local forums, including academic, policymaking, and standard-setting forums.
- The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to the institutional development and growth of a young, globally recognized NGO.
For more information about the position and how to apply please follow Link to Job.