Restrictions on freedoms of movement, expression & association
[PDF] Civil Society Comments: World Bank Telecom Sector Reform Project, Burma, Association of Human Rights Defenders and Promoters, Ayeyar West Development Organization, Burma Environment Working Group, and others, 21 Feb 2014
- Telecom Investments Threaten Privacy Rights in Burma, Rachel Wagley, Democratic Voice of Burma 04 Feb 2014
[PDF] Today’s bail denial for 21 human rights defenders and protesters illustrates the deteriorating human rights situation in Cambodia, Cambodia Center for Human Rights 11 Feb 2014
- Bail denied for 21 detainees [Cambodia], Sean Teehan & May Titthara, Phnom Penh Post (Cambodia)11 Feb 2014
Alternative Report on the controversial gold mining project in Colombia, Colombia Solidarity Campaign (UK) 07 Dec 2013
- [PDF] La Colosa: A Death Foretold- Alternative Report about the AngloGold Ashanti Gold Mining Project in Cajamarca, Tolima, Colombia, Colombia Solidarity Campaign 01 Dec 2013
- [PDF] Risk Assessment on Security and Human Rights Recommendations, AngloGold Ashanti (Colombia) 01 Dec 2013
UN urges Myanmar to grant rights to Rohingya, Aljazeera 20 Nov 2013
- [PDF] Situation of human rights in Myanmar, United Nations General Assembly, Third Committee 12 Nov 2013
[PDF] New arrests and imprisonment of activists and human rights defenders in Burma (as of 21 October 2013), Altsean-Burma 25 Oct 2013
Human Rights Defenders Under Attack in Burma’s Democratic Transition, Burma Partnership 17 Jun 2013
Investigation opened over suspicions of illegal intelligence activities by mining company against social movements and human rights defenders, Intl. Federation for Human Rights, World Organisation Against Torture 02 May 2013
CAMBODIA: LRWC [Lawyers Rights Watch Canada] and ALRC [Asian Legal Resource Centre] denounce attacks against HRDs [human rights defenders] and problems with judicial independence, Lawyers Rights Watch Canada, Asian Legal Resource Centre 25 Sep 2012
Malaysia: Defamation case against human rights defender Charles Hector Fernandez ended with a settlement, OMCT (World Organisation against Torture) 30 Aug 2011
- Asahi Kosei libel suit against Malaysian labour activist Charles Hector [Malaysia], Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre 24 Jun 2011
India: Continued harassment of defenders of women workers' rights and campaigners abroad, Amnesty International 02 Oct 2007
[PDF] Defending the Defenders - The Case of Fu Xiancai [China], Stacy Mosher, Human Rights in China September 2006
Related stories and components
Governments across the world are increasingly attacking non-governmental organizations (NGOs) by creating laws that subject them and their staff to surveillance, nightmarish bureaucratic hurdles and the ever-present threat of imprisonment…...
Majority of Internet infrastructure providers have not established adequate safeguards against human rights abuse, says new report
Author: Article 19
"Public interest, private infrastructure: barriers and drivers for adopting human rights standards in the Internet infrastructure industry," 5 June 2018...
Author: Charles Bradley & Richard Wingfield, Global Partners Digital
"A Rights-Respecting Model of Online Content Regulation by Platforms," May 2018...
Further to our compilation of reports and statements on the lawsuits filed by Natural Fruit against researcher and activist Andy Hall for alleged defamation, linked here are more articles related to the cases. Supporters and commentators provide recent...
British migrant rights activist Andy Hall…was formally detained in a court cell following meeting with officials at the Prakanong Public Prosecutors Office, Bangkok…The Attorney General and the Prakanong Court accepted the Natural Fruit vs. Andy Hall...