Natural resources (land, water, forests)
Daughter Killed, Father Wounded in Gun Attack Likely Linked to Tahoe Resources (Goldcorp Inc.) Mine in Guatemala, Rights Action (US & Canada), 24 Apr 2014
- [PDF] Accusations in Rights Action’s Letter to Dr. Paz y Paz and “La Resistencia por la Vida y el Terror de Estado” are inaccurate and irresponsible, Tahoe Resources Inc., 05 May 2014
Deadly Environment: The dramatic rise in killings of environmental and land defenders, Global Witness 23 Apr 2014
- Intex Resources response, Intex Resources, 05 May 2014
- [PDF] Glencore Xstrata response to Global Witness’ report “Deadly Environment” , Glencore Xstrata, 22 Apr 2014
[PDF] Civil Society Comments: World Bank Telecom Sector Reform Project, Burma, Association of Human Rights Defenders and Promoters, Ayeyar West Development Organization, Burma Environment Working Group, and others, 21 Feb 2014
- Telecom Investments Threaten Privacy Rights in Burma, Rachel Wagley, Democratic Voice of Burma 04 Feb 2014
Alternative Report on the controversial gold mining project in Colombia, Colombia Solidarity Campaign (UK) 07 Dec 2013
- [PDF] La Colosa: A Death Foretold- Alternative Report about the AngloGold Ashanti Gold Mining Project in Cajamarca, Tolima, Colombia, Colombia Solidarity Campaign 01 Dec 2013
- [PDF] Risk Assessment on Security and Human Rights Recommendations, AngloGold Ashanti (Colombia) 01 Dec 2013
How about a SLAPP for your trouble?, Sudeep Chakravarti, Livemint.com (India) 28 Nov 2013
Cambodia: Human rights defender Tep Vanny, assaulted by security forces during peaceful protest, Front Line Defenders 21 Oct 2013
Human Rights Commission's Climbdown a Wake-up Call for Human Rights Defenders in the Americas, Not Indicator of Goldcorp’s Performance, Center for International Environmental Law (CIEL), MiningWatch Canada 05 Jan 2012
- OAS Human Rights Commission withdraws demand for Marlin Mine closure, Dorothy Kosich, Mineweb 20 Dec 2011
[PDF] Defending the Defenders - The Case of Fu Xiancai [China], Stacy Mosher, Human Rights in China September 2006
Related stories and components
Video of human rights defender Aura Lolita Chávez on attacks she suffered over her work “in defense of life & territory and against mega-projects”
Author: Front Line Defenders
"Guatemala: Aura Lolita Chávez", Jul 2014...
Author: Rachel Vandenbrink, Radio Free Asia
A prominent Myanmar activist has been sentenced to two years in prison over her role in a protest against the China-backed Letpadaung copper mine…Activist Naw Ohn Hla’s jailing by the Monywa city court…came as hundreds of local villagers marched...
Author: Amnesty International
Sombath Somphone, aged 61, is a well-known and respected member of civil society in...Laos...[O]n 15 December 2012...traffic police stopped Sombath...He was taken away in a pick-up truck and never made it home. Six months on, his fate and whereabouts...