Related stories and components
Author: Mauricio Lazala & Ana Zbona, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in OXFAM Views & Voices
"Should companies act when civic freedoms are under attack?", 21 Jan 2018...
Author: Marc Santora & Benjamin Novak, New York Times
'Protesting 'Slave Law', Thousands Take to Streets in Hungary', 5 Jan 2019...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
"Hungary 'slave labour' law sparks protest on parliament steps", 13 December 2018...
Intl. Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) World Congress concludes, Sharan Burrow re-elected as General Secretary
Author: International Trade Union Confederation
"THE 4TH ITUC WORLD CONGRESS CONCLUDED IN COPENHAGEN TODAY WITH THE RE-ELECTION OF SHARAN BURROW AS GENERAL SECRETARY OF THE 207 MILLION-MEMBER MOVEMENT", 7 December 2018...
- Related stories: Intl. Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) 4th World Congress
Fundamental Rights Agency finds that civil society in EU is facing increasing challenges & explores role of business
The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) report from January 2018 looked into the different types and patterns of challenges that civil society organizations working on human rights face in the European Union. In September 2018, FRA...
Businesses called on to champion EU integration & liberal values during 2019 European Parliament elections
Author: Alberto Alemanno, Social Europe
"A European Super-PAC To Take On Bannon’s Illiberal Shock Troops", 24 Jul 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Goldcorp Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
New book brings together successful human rights actors' responses in populist context, explores role of cos.
Author: César Rodríguez-Garavito and Krizna Gomez (eds.), Dejusticia
"Rising to the Populist Challenge: A new playbook for human rights actors", 06 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
This book collects and analyzes a repertoire of responses by human rights organizations to the crackdown against civil society in the populist context. Written by scholars and advocates in challenging political settings from around the world, this ...