Headquarters in USA
On human rights day, investors affirm responsibility of business to safeguard human rights in global supply chains
Author: Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility
In commemoration of Human Rights Day 2013, today members of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility, a coalition of faith-based and socially responsible investors, announced that they would begin a month-long campaign in January to urge...
- Related stories: USA: Social investors to run month-long campaign in January calling on 15 firms in food, hospitality sectors to tackle trafficking, forced labour in supply chains
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland Choice Hotels ConAgra Costco Darden Restaurants Delta Air Lines Hyatt Kroger Mondelēz International Southwest Airlines Starwood Hotels Target US Airways
Author: Human Rights Campaign
This year, an historic 304 major businesses…scored 100 percent on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index and the coveted distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality.” These companies adopted a full framework of LGBT inclusion in the workplace,...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign releases ranking of “best places to work for LGBT equality”
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acerinox Aetna AIG Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Alston & Bird AMC Networks American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Express Ameriprise Financial Apple Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AT&T Automatic Data Processing Avon AXA Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Best Buy Bingham McCutchen BlackRock Blue Cross BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Bristol-Myers Squibb Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cargill Charles Schwab Chevron Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox Coca-Cola Comcast Corning Covington & Burling Credit Suisse Cummins Danaher Darden Restaurants Dechert Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLA Piper Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak eBay Ecolab Edison International Electronic Arts EMC EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Fenwick & West Ford Freddie Mac GameStop Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher Giorgio Armani GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Hartford Financial Services Herman Miller Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hyatt IBM Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Land O'Lakes Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Littler Mendelson Lockheed Martin Marriott Marsh & McLennan MasterCard McDermott Will & Emery McKesson McKinsey Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nielsen Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Northern Trust Novartis Office Depot Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning PepsiCo Pfizer Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman PNC Financial Services PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Publicis Qualcomm Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Rockwell Automation Salesforce.com SAP Sears Sempra Energy Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Staples Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels Sun Life Financial SunTrust Banks Symantec T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Thomson Reuters Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota UBS Unilever Union Bank of California United Continental United Technologies UnitedHealth Group US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Volkswagen Walgreen Walt Disney Wells Fargo Whirlpool White & Case Wyndham Xerox Yahoo!
Author: RIA Novosti
...As boycotts of Russian vodka spread across the globe in protest over new Russian laws on homosexuality, US gay rights activists warn the campaign could be the first stage in a broader drive targeting Russia’s economy and image with the Sochi Winter...
- Related stories: Russia: US gay rights activists boycott Stolichnaya vodka over controversial Russian laws on homosexuals; some call for boycott of Sochi Olympics sponsors
- Related companies: Caterpillar Coca-Cola Ernst & Young Holiday Inn (part of InterContinental Hotels) Hyatt Marriott McDonald's Procter & Gamble Sheraton (part of Starwood Hotels) Visa Inc.
Author: Barbara Ross & Bill Hutchinson, New York Daily News
A kitchen worker has slapped the Grand Hyatt New York with a lawsuit, claiming managers of the luxury hotel looked the other way while frisky male co-workers made her work life a living hell. Alba Beltre Morillo...claims she was the target of unwanted...
- Related companies: Hyatt
Author: Harry Stevens, TriplePundit (USA)
Dozens of Hyatt hotel workers gathered outside the company’s annual shareholders’ meeting in Chicago last week to protest what they call “longstanding labor abuses” by the [company]...The protesters were members of UNITE HERE, a labor union...[that]...
Hotel worker says she lost job because of testimony about 'blacklisting'; Hyatt, contractor deny she was fired [USA]
Author: Bill McCleery, Indianapolis Star [USA]
[A] subcontracted Hyatt worker said she lost her job after testifying before the City-County Council about the alleged practice of hotel blacklisting. Labor groups…say…[hotels] make agreements with subcontracting companies not to hire away their...
- Related companies: Hyatt
Author: Francine Knowles, Chicago Sun-Times [USA]
Labor unrest at Hyatt Hotels…escalated…as Unite Here called for a global boycott of the Chicago-based hotel chain and the company took out a full-page Washington Post ad blasting the union campaign…Unite Here has been engaged in a long battle with the...
- Related stories: Union campaign calls for global boycott of Hyatt Hotels - cites health & safety concerns
- Related companies: Hyatt
Response by Hyatt: Concerns about hidden cameras in hotel rooms as Eurovision Song Contest approaches.
- Related in-depth areas: Concerns over human rights abuses at hotels in Azerbaijan
- This is a response from the following companies: Hyatt
[PDF] Press Release: As Eurovision Song Contest approaches, concerns about hidden cameras in Azerbaijan hotel rooms
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre sought responses from seven companies that operate leading hotels in Baku, Azerbaijan, about reports that hidden cameras have repeatedly been placed in hotel rooms in the country to record people having sex...
- Related stories: Concerns about hidden cameras in hotel rooms as Eurovision Song Contest approaches.
- Related companies: Carlson Excelsior Hotel Baku Hilton Hyatt Kempinski Hotels Radisson (part of Carlson) Ramada International (part of Wyndham) Sheraton (part of Starwood Hotels) Starwood Hotels Wyndham
In Advance of London Olympics, U.S. and U.K. Investors Ask Corporations to Step Up Anti-Trafficking and Slavery Efforts
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility [USA]
...[A] coalition of U.S. and U.K. investors and NGOs have united to call on corporations to strengthen their focus against human trafficking and modern slavery in advance of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games...The initiative focuses on the London tourism...
- Related stories: Investors call on Olympic sponsors, tourism sector to step up anti-trafficking, slavery efforts in advance of London Olympics
- Related companies: Accor adidas Arcelor Mittal Best Western BMW British Airways Carlson Choice Hotels Coca-Cola Hilton Hyatt InterContinental Hotels John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Kraft Foods McDonald's Next Procter & Gamble Rio Tinto Sainsbury Samsung Starwood Hotels Thomas Cook Whitbread