Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in South Korea
Author: World Benchmarking Alliance
The Automotive Benchmark measures and ranks the world’s leading auto manufacturers. Will they meet the below 2°C warming limit goal set by the Paris Agreement? Are they doing what’s necessary to move to a low carbon economy?...
- Related stories: Latest news on COP25 climate discussions
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Responsible public policy
- Related companies: BMW Daimler Dongfeng Motor FAW Fiat Chrysler Ford Geely General Motors Honda Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Mazda Mitsubishi Group Nissan PSA Peugeot Citroën Renault Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Suzuki Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Tesla Motors Toyota Volkswagen
Author: Daniel Camargos, Repórter Brasil (Brazil)
"Em ofensiva contra indígenas no Pará, garimpeiros ilegais movimentam mercado bilionário-Estima-se que garimpos ilegais faturem de R$ 3 a R$ 4 bilhões anuais no país. Em Itaituba, garimpeiros compram cerca de 100 escavadeiras por ano de uma única...
HRW launches campaign urging major car companies to stand by Saudi activists jailed for advocating women's right to drive
Author: Human Rights Watch
"Tell Car Companies To Do The Right Thing", 11 September 2018...
NGO Commentary: Korean govt's response to UNWG visit fails to acknowledge poor labour conditions and negative health impacts of companies
Author: Correspondence NGO group of the UN Working Group’s visit to Korea, Korean House for International Solidarity (Republic of Korea)
"Comment: The government’s response to UN Working Group’s Korea visit report does not reflect the Korean reality", 11 June 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: South Korea, 23 May - 1 Jun 2016
- Related companies: Asahi Glass Fine Techno Korea Busan Transportation Corporation Daewoo International (part of Posco) GTS Korea Hyundai Heavy Industries Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Hyundai Steel Korea Minting and Security Printing Corporation LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Lotte Co. Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation Posco Samsung Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation SK Corporation Yoosung Enterprise Co.
Author: Government of the Republic of Korea
"Report of the Working Group on the issue of human rights and transnational corporations and other business enterprises on its visit to the Republic of Korea: comments by the State", 7 June 2017...
Author: Peter Waldman, BloombergBusinessweek (USA)
[Article originally published 23 March 2017, with 13-minute audio report (scroll down to end of full article).]...
Serbia: YURA Corp.'s factory workers complain about alleged abuses including beatings, sexual harassment, non-payment of wages & denial of freedom of association
During our mission to Serbia in June 2016, we learnt about alleged abuses against YURA Corporation's factory workers including beatings, sexual harassment, non-payment of wages & denial of freedom of association....
Author: Joann Muller, Forbes (USA)
…13 auto industry chief executives from the U.S., Europe and Asia had pledged to accelerate the development of cleaner vehicles to reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions. As a group, the companies said they would… Contribute to the goal of a...
"World's biggest car makers sued over 'deadly' keyless ignitions", 27 Aug 2015...
Hyundai Motor America response to concerns with its disclosure statement under California Transparency in Supply Chains Act
Author: Hyundai Motor America
...Hyundai Motor America’s contracts with all supplier firms requires those firms to comply with all local, state and federal laws and regulations, which would include forbidding forced labor and human trafficking...
- Related stories: 10 firms decline to take action on trafficking risks, under California Transparency in Supply Chains Act
- This is a response from the following companies: Hyundai Group Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor)