Headquarters in USA
Author: Tory Oliveira, Carta Capital (Brazil)
"Empresas saem do armário e adotam políticas voltadas para LGBTs- Fórum reúne mais de 50 corporações em prol da inclusão. No Brasil, 61% dos funcionários LGBT temem se assumir ", 17 de agosto de 2017...
Author: David Gelles, Landon Thomas Jr., Andrew Ross Sorkin & Kate Kellyaug, NY Times (USA)
On Tuesday, Indra Nooyi, the chief executive of PepsiCo, joined a call with other prominent corporate chieftains who...had agreed to advise...Trump. A rebellion was brewing. Along with other business leaders, [she]...watched with bafflement over the...
- Related stories: Merck, Intel, Under Armour, Alliance for American Manufacturing & AFL-CIO resign from manufacturing council following President Trump's response to white supremacist violence in Charlottesville
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: General Motors IBM Intel Merck PepsiCo Under Armour
USA: Oil executives & other state business leaders denounce “bathroom bill” that would discriminate against transgender people
Author: Travis M. Andrews, The Washington Post (USA)
"Houston oil executives join Dallas business leaders in denouncing Texas ‘bathroom bill’", 1 August 2017...
USA: 15 tech cos. speak up on transgender rights, urge governor of Texas not to pass "discriminatory" legislation
Author: Tom Regan, Engadget
"Apple, Facebook and Google condemn Texas transgender bill", 29 May 2017...
Author: Dominic Rushe, The Guardian (UK)
Two of the US's biggest business leaders, Tesla founder Elon Musk and Disney's Robert Iger, have quit Trump's high-powered business advisory panel after the president pressed ahead with plans to pull out of the Paris climate accord...The two...
Author: Daniel Victor, The New York Times (USA)
Soon after President Trump announced that the United States would back out of the Paris climate accord, several large companies based in the United States that had supported the international pact said they were disappointed by the decision and would...
- Related stories: Members of US business org. IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement USA to withdraw from Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: Amazon.com Apple Cargill Facebook General Electric Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) IBM Microsoft Peabody Energy Tesla Motors Twitter Uber Walt Disney
Author: Ethan Wolff-Mann, Yahoo Finance (USA)
"Here's how CEOs reacted to Trump's exit from Paris climate agreement," 1 June 2017...
"The next frontier: the concept of corporate human rights defenders”, Dutch Min. for Foreign Trade & Development
Author: Lilianne Ploumen, Dutch Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation
"Speech minister Ploumen on international business and human rights", 19 April 2017...
- Related stories: Business, civic freedoms and human rights defenders: Which developments and ideas did we put in the spotlight?
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on National Action Plans Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas General Electric IBM Natural Fruit Nike S Group Tiffany Unilever