Información en Español - ver abajo. Contenu en Français : voir ci-dessous
- Exposure draft: Guide for Business on Indigenous People's Rights
Author and date: UN Global Compact 2013
- [PDF] "Why cultural heritage matters - A resource guide for integrating cultural heritage management into Communities work at Rio Tinto", 2011
- [PDF] "Indigenous and tribal people’s rights in practice: A guide to Convention 169"
- Author and date: ILO, 2009
- [PDF] "The Right to Decide - The Importance of respecting free, prior and informed consent"
Author and date: Amazon Watch, 2011
- [PDF] "Implementing a Corporate Free, Prior, and Informed Consent Policy: Benefits and Challenges"
- Author and date: Foley Hoag LLP, commissioned by Talisman Energy, 2010
- [PDF] "Indigenous peoples and industrial corporations"
- Author and date: UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Peoples, 2009
- [PDF] "Good Practice Guide - Indigenous Peoples and Mining"
- Author and date: Intl. Council for Mining & Metals, Oct 2010
- "Indigenous peoples"
- UN Special Representative on business & human rights online consultation on the corporate responsibility to respect human rights
- [PDF] "ILO Convention 169 and the Private Sector – Questions and Answers for IFC Clients"
- Author and date: IFC, prepared in conjunction with the ILO, 2007
- "Los Derechos de los Pueblos Indígenas y Tribales en la Práctica: Una Guía sobre el Convenio núm. 169 de la OIT"
- Organización Internacional del Trabajo
- [PDF] "Norma de Desempeño 7 - Pueblos Indígenas"
- [PDF] "Nota de Orientación 7 - Pueblos Indígenas"
- [PDF] "El Convenio 169 de la OIT y el Sector Privado - Preguntas y respuestas para los clientes de la IFC"
- Corporación Financiera Internacional
- [PDF] "Por qué importa el Patrimonio Cultural: Guía de recursos para integrar la Gestión de Patrimonio Cultural en el trabajo De Comunidades de Rio Tinto", 2011
- "Les droits des peuples autochtones et tribaux dans la pratique"
- Organisation Internationale du Travail
- [PDF] "Critères de Performance 7 - Populations Autochtones"
- [PDF] "Recommandation 7 - Populations autochtones"
- Société financière internationale
- [PDF] "Pourquoi le patrimoine culturel importe-t-il? Guide pratique pour intégrer la gestion du patrimoine culturel dans le travail auprès des communautés chez Rio Tinto", 2011
Related stories and components
Indigenous communities on the frontlines of climate-forced displacement call upon world leaders to address climate crisis
Author: Unitarian Universalist Service Committee
"In the last 10 years, millions of people have been displaced due to the impacts of climate change. Rising seas, melting permafrost, erosion, and flooding are causing entire communities to relocate....
Briefing on business & human rights issues in Tanzania, includes tourism, infrastructure, agribusiness & mining sectors
Author: Commission for Human Rights & Good Governance (Tanzania), Business & Human Rights Tanzania & IPIS
"Business & Human Rights in Tanzania: Briefing 2018 Quarter 3: July - September"...
Tanzania: Local communities increasingly registering their land to fight land grabs, including by commercial investors
Author: Kizito Makoye, OZY (USA)
"Tanzanian farmers crack the code for fighting land grabs", 13 Nov 2018...
Kenya: Report claims communities impacted by Akiira Geothermal's operations not adequately consulted; includes company response & NGOs' rejoinder
A report by International Accountability Project (IAP) allege some members of the local community impacted by Akiira Geothermal's operations did not have access to information about the proposed project neither were they consulted. The Business and...
Kenya: Court orders compensation for indigenous community who will lose fishing rights to pave way for port construction
Author: Charles Lwanga, Business Daily (Kenya)
"Court orders State to pay Lamu fishermen Sh1.7bn in Lapsset compensation"...
Kenya: Extractive Baraza's launches compendium of legal cases related to extractives & impacts on land & cultural rights
The Extractive Baraza has compiled court cases involving the extractive sector. The cases cover several subject matters including the right to public participation and consent in exploration missions and indigenous peoples' right to life, natural...
Maasai-Maori exchange offers Kenya's indigenous community insights on how to engage & benefit from geothermal companies operating in their communal land
Author: Kevin Mwanza, Reuters
"When the Maasai met the Maori: Kenya seeks to end geothermal land conflicts"...
Uganda: Communities displaced for oil-related infrastructure allege unfair compensation by oil companies; Total responds
Local communities in oil-rich Buliisa district that hosts the oil and gas processing facility has threatened to sue multinational companies over alleged unfair compensation. In its response, Total has said that its resettlement complies with...
Kenya: Indigenous Endorois community's long pursuit for justice after eviction to pave way for a game reserve
Author: Martin Mavenjina, (Kenya Human Rights Commission), in African Arguments (UK)
"Could Global South solidarity finally ensure justice for Kenya’s Endorois?"...
Kenya: World Bank urged to apply Indigenous Peoples Policy consistently to protect communities impacted by development projects
Author: Jackson Shaa (Narasha Community Development Group, Kenya) & Annabel Perreras (International Accountability Project), in Bretton Woods Project
"Lessons from Kenya: Why the World Bank must apply the Indigenous Peoples Policy consistently"...