Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Author: Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders
"...In 2015, our coalition the Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders – an informal group, facilitated by the World Economic Forum, of major global businesses from a range of sectors – called on governments to reach an ambitious climate deal, aligned with th...
- Related stories: Latest news on COP24 climate discussions
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change Mitigation
- Related companies: ABB Accenture Acciona Allianz Arcadis Arup AXA BASF Bloomberg BT Capricorn Investment Group Carlsberg Breweries Dana Danfoss DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Greentech Capital Advisors Heineken Hindustan Construction Hindustan Power HSBC Iberdrola Infosys ING JinkoSolar Holding Kaiser Permanente Kokusai Kogyo LafargeHolcim LeasePlan Lenzing LGT (Liechtenstein Global Trust) Maple Leaf Foods Natixis Orsted Pan American Silver PWC Logistics Royal DSM Royal Philips Electronics Schneider Electric Signify Suntory Beverage & Food Limited Suzlon Swiss Re Syngenta Teck Resources UBS Unilever Vestas Wind Systems Yara
Author: Facing Finance...
Range of human rights abuses by extractive companies allegedly tied to European financial institutions: companies respond to Facing Finance report
"The global extractives industry is heavily involved in some of the worst labour, environmental and human rights violations. The rights of communities, farmers and indigenous people are being trampled in the push for ever more extraction. Indeed all b...
“The report states that ING has sufficient mining policies. At the same time, suggestions for improvement have been made in the report, notably in the area of transparency. We welcome these suggestions. Sustainability is a dynamic topic that is...
- Related stories: Range of human rights abuses by extractive companies allegedly tied to European financial institutions: companies respond to Facing Finance report
- This is a response from the following companies: ING
Boston Common Asset Management & investor coalition call on world's largest banks to release more robust climate-related disclosure
Author: Lauren Compere, Huffington Post
"Making climate change banks' business", 19 September 2017...
Experts from Johnson & Johnson, ING & Walgreens Boots Alliance advise on how to integrate UN Sustainable Development Goals into business strategy
Author: Ethical Corporation
"Business strategy integral to SDG success", Jan 2017...
Author: [opinion] Isabel Munilla, senior policy advisor for extractive industries - Oxfam America, in The Hill (USA)
...[You] might find it perplexing that scrapping an anti-corruption law is at the top of the congressional to-do list in Washington. But Congress will seek to do just that this week by voting to roll back rules to implement the landmark bipartisan...
- Related stories: Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 12 firms US Congress undoes Dodd-Frank regulations on extractive industry revenue transparency
- Related companies: BHP Billiton BNP Paribas BP Chevron ExxonMobil Gazprom Glencore ING Kosmos Energy Rio Tinto Rosneft Shell UBS