Headquarters in Netherlands
[Includes responses by BNP Parbias, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Royal Bank of Canda, Morgan Stanley & Toronto-Dominion Bank]
Netherlands: National Contact Point accepts first OECD guidelines complaint linked to climate change against ING Bank
On 14 November 2017, the Dutch National Contact Point (NCP) accepted the OECD guidelines complaint brought by Greenpeace Netherlands, Oxfam Novib, BankTrack and Milieudefensie, in relation to ING's investments in fossil fuels. ...
...[On] 14 November 2017... a climate complaint against ING filed by Greenpeace Netherlands, Oxfam, BankTrack and Milieudefensie for violating OECD guidelines, was accepted by a Dutch representative of the OECD. ...The Dutch bank will be investigated...
- Related stories: Netherlands: National Contact Point accepts first OECD guidelines complaint linked to climate change against ING Bank
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Climate change litigation Latest Legal News
- Related companies: ING Bank
Author: Laura Paddison, Guardian
"HSBC triggers investigation into palm oil company over deforestation allegations", 17 July 2017...
Author: Fiona Harvey, The Guardian (UK)
Some of the world's top banks are continuing to lend tens of billions for extracting the most carbon-intensive fossil fuels, according to a report of top lenders [by Rainforest Action Network, Banktrack, Sierra Club, Oilchange International.]...The...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) China Construction Bank Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ING Bank JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley National Australia Bank Natixis PNC Financial Services Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander SMBC Nikko Securities Société Générale Standard Chartered Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS UniCredit Bulbank Wells Fargo Westpac
Banks loan billions to oil firms allegedly exporting low-grade fuel high in pollutants, says briefing
A new BankTrack briefing raises questions about how banks are conducting human rights due diligence. In response to research by Swiss NGO Public Eye accusing Switzerland-based oil trading companies of selling blends of low-grade fuel high in...