Headquarters in USA
USA: Independent contractors working for Instacart stage novel protest against inadequate COVID-19 safety measures
Author: Noam Scheiber & Kate Conger, The New York Times
"Strikes at Instacart and Amazon Over Coronavirus Health Concerns", 30 Mar 2020...
- Related stories: COVID-19: New types of protest, advocacy & demands from business-focused HRDs & groups
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Instacart
USA: Trader Joe’s opposes unionization efforts among its employees, critical of its response to COVID-19
Author: David Yaffe-Bellany, The New York Times
"Labor Fight Collides With the Pandemic at Trader Joe’s", 02 Apr 2020...
Author: Irene Jiang, Business Insider
From Walmart to Burger King's parent company, these 14 retail companies are changing their benefits policies amid the coronavirus pandemic, 16 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
- Related companies: Amazon.com Apple Arby's (joint venture Roark Capital & Wendy's) Buffalo Wild Wings Burger King Darden Restaurants DoorDash Instacart KFC (part of YUM!) Lowe's Postmates Starbucks Target Trader Joe's (part of Aldi Nord) Walmart
Author: Freedom for All Americans
"Business Statement on Anti-LGBTQ State Legislation", 11 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: AAA International Airbnb Alphabet Amalgamated Bank Amazon.com American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters Apple Asana AT&T Bayer Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Boehringer Ingelheim Capital One Corning Danone Dow Dropbox Eastern Bank Google (part of Alphabet) Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA Instacart Levi Strauss Lush Lyft Marriott Mars MassMutual Microsoft Mobilize Nestlé Nike PayPal Salesforce.com SunLife Technet Trillium Corporation Uber Unilever
USA: COVID-19 outbreak exposes lack of safety net for gig workers, as lawmakers & gig companies look for solutions
Author: Kaelyn Forde, Al Jazeera
“Coronavirus highlights lack of safety net for gig workers”, 13 March 2020...
Author: Abha Bhattarai, The Washington Post
"‘Don’t game my paycheck’: Delivery workers say they’re being squeezed by ever-changing algorithms ", 7 November 2019...
In November 2019, several thousand Instacart workers went on a 72-hour strike, demanding that the company change the default tip function on its app....
Author: April Glaser, Slate
"Instacart Workers Are Striking Because of the App’s User Interface", 5 November 2019...
- Related stories: USA: Instacart workers strike over changes to tipping policy; Includes company comments
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Gig Economy
- Related companies: Instacart
USA: Drivers to protest at Postmates, Doordash & Instacart headquarters following accusations of decreasing wages
Author: Kate Larsen, ABC 7 News
"Delivery App drivers rally for higher wages at SF Postmates, Doordash, and Instacart headquarters", 6 September 2019...