Instagram (part of Facebook)
Headquarters in USA
Author: Cecilia Kang and David McCabe, New York Times
"Lawmakers, United in Their Ire, Lash Out at Big Tech’s Leaders," 29 July 2020...
Facebook CEO agrees to meet with organizers of massive Facebook advertising boycott over hate-speech, supported by multinationals
Author: Sheila Dang & Katie Paul (Reuters) in Business Insider
"Mark Zuckerberg has agreed to meet with the civil rights groups that sparked a massive Facebook advertising boycott", 01 Jul 2020...
- Related stories: Hundreds of companies pause advertising on Facebook as part of civil society campaign to stop spread of hate & discrimination on the platform
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Coca-Cola Facebook Ford Instagram (part of Facebook) Starbucks Twitter Verizon
More than 1,000 companies pause advertising on Facebook as part of civil society campaign to stop spread of hate & discrimination on the platform
On June 17, 2020 the Stop Hate for Profit campaign asked companies to act against hate and disinformation being spread by Facebook by temporarily pausing advertising on Facebook and Instagram. The campaign includes ADL, Color of Change, Common Sense,...
Facebook's independent oversight board member urges companies to establish mechanisms to address human rights concerns
Author: James Kariuki, Business Daily(Kenya)
"Kiai urges firms to create boards to review operations"...
"Volkswagen admits car ad racist, apologizes", 20 May 2020...
Facebook releases findings of independent human rights impact assessments of the role of its services in Sri Lanka, Indonesia & Cambodia
Facebook has released the findings of three independent human rights impact assessments it commissioned in 2018 that examined the degree to which its platforms did or did not contribute to adverse human rights impacts in Sri Lanka, Indonesia and...
Author: Ambito Jurídico
“Desinformación y pandemia: el rol de las empresas de internet” – 6 de mayo de 2020-...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus): respuesta gubernamental y de las empresas Brote de COVID-19 (coronavirus): vigilancia, censura y privacidad
- Related companies: Facebook Instagram (part of Facebook) Twitter