Institutional Development Officer at Conectas
About the organization
Conectas is a non-governmental and not-for-profit organization founded in São Paulo, Brazil in September 2001 with the mission to promote the realization of human rights and consolidation of the Rule of Law in the Global South - Africa, Asia and Latin America. Conectas develops its activities through three main programs (the Foreign Policy and Human Rights Program, the South-South Program with the International Human Rights Colloquium and the Sur Journal, and the Justice program) that interact together and encompass national, regional and international activities. The individual projects aim at enhancing the respect for human rights in emerging countries’ foreign policies, strengthening human rights defenders and academics in the Global South and fostering interaction between them, through collaborative networks, and, in Brazil, preventing and reversing practices of human rights violations in Brazil involving public and private actors, and strengthening democratic institutions through judicial, administrative and political actions. For more information about Conectas: www.conectas.org.
Conectas is currently looking for a grant officer to work in the Institutional Development area and assist with all aspects of grant development, submission and reporting, as well as planning and evaluation, and other institutional aspects.
Job description and responsibilities
- Elaborate narrative reports to donors, respecting the quality level, deadlines, and specific orientation for each grant;
- Maintain the list of deadlines for grant reporting updated, and be responsible for keeping the coordination informed of these deadlines, including with regards to any deadline related to grant making;
- Assist the interaction and communication with donors, responding to questions and requests coming from donors;
- Help develop and implement strategies of fundraising with individuals;
- Assist the elaboration and implementation of the multiannual and annual strategic planning processes;
- Elaborate and implement evaluation strategies for the programs and areas of the organization, creating the methodology and the necessary documents;
- Suggest options for the structure of the Annual Report of the organization; elaborate the content and ensure the production of the report in both English and Portuguese;
- Assist the preparation of Conectas’ “Retreat”, by contributing to the elaboration of the agenda, and activities to be included, identifying possible external participants to facilitate the encounter, assist with the logistics, and others;
- Suggest and implement, when approved, ways to improve and strengthen the integration among areas and programs, in order to ensure the smooth realization of the projects, and the communication flow between areas and programs;
- Assist the coordination in all institutional aspects of the organization.
- Bachelor degree in international relations, sociology, journalism, law or related field;
- 2-3 years related experience in grant management, fundraising, and/or institutional development areas;
- Strong writing and oral skills, in both English and Portuguese, good presentation skills, including ability to be clear and concise.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Ability to work under deadline, to juggle multiple priorities at the same time, and great attention to detail;
- Ability to make things look good on paper and online;
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel and PowerPoint;
- Comfortable in fast-paced evolving environment where content of work, key stakeholders, policies, processes and procedures can change.
Conectas adopts affirmative action policies; please indicate in your application if you consider yourself a potential beneficiary.
People interested in this position should send the following documents and information to the email: [email protected]
- Letter of interest (in English), including salary requirements;
- Contact information (name, organizations, position, email and phone number) for two references, if applicable.
Please indicate in the subject of the email: “Position: Institutional Development Assistant.”
Job title: Institutional Development Assistant
Location: São Paulo
Contract: Full time, permanent
Closing date: 30 April 2015