Instructor: Business and Human Rights
European Business School (ESB)
- Location: Paris
- Salary: €70 per hour (gross)
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term Contract
- Closing Date: 29/05/2020
EBS Paris is seeking an instructor for a course on business and human rights for second-year students in its Programme Grande Ecole. The candidate must be able to teach in French and English. The teaching commitment is for 5 groups of students, 14 hours per group spread over 7 weeks starting in late September-early October 2020.
Candidates should be Paris-based in case we are able to offer the course face-to-face.
The course should cover the following:
- Origins and dynamics of the idea of human rights
- The normative force and structure of current international human rights law
- The UN Protect, Respect and Remedy framework, particularly the corporate responsibility to respect human rights in direct and indirect operations, but also the protective responsibilities of home and host states
- Particular practical challenges that business has faced, and continues to face, in fulfilling the duty to respect
- The course should include group work focused on managerial decision making, and making use of practical case studies and/or mini-cases
We offer a [fixed term] contract, €70/hour [gross]. Please send a CV with a covering email setting out your teaching philosophy to [email protected].