Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Walden Asset Management
Socially responsive investors have filed a shareholder resolution requesting that...Home Depot provide a report on its diversity record, including equal employment opportunity (EEO) statistics. Walden Asset Management...led the filing of this...
[PDF] full report: "New Technology Workers - Report on Working Conditions in the Mexican Electronics Industry"
Author: Centro de Reflexión y Acción Laboral (CEREAL) [Mexico]
The response of the companies to specific cases is included in the report...we see the companies’ comments as no more than a public commitment to improve their corporate social responsibility practices... Chapter two includes two case studies of...
- Related stories: Mexico: Sexual harassment & anti-union activities persist among major electronics suppliers
- Related companies: BT Celestica Cisco Systems Dell Delphi Deutsche Telekom Ericsson Flextronics Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Hitachi Hon Hai HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel Jabil Circuit Kemet Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) ManpowerGroup Microsoft Motorola Nokia Sanmina-SCI Seagate Technology Solectron Sony ST Microelectronics Telefónica Verizon Visteon Vodafone
[PDF] full report: "The State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans 2005-2006"
Author: Human Rights Campaign
- Related stories: USA: 2005-6 "State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans" - 86% of Fortune 500 companies now prohibit sexual orientation discrimination
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies Air Products AK Steel Alcoa Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Ashland AT&T AutoNation Avaya Avery Dennison Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond BellSouth (now AT&T) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Blockbuster Boeing Borders BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cendant (now Avis Budget) Centex Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron CHS Chubb Group Cincinnati Financial Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Dillard's Dole Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge Engelhard (part of BASF) Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil Federal-Mogul Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) FedEx Fidelity Investments Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fluor Foot Locker Ford FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gannett Gap Gateway General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Heinz Hess Corporation HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana Huntsman IBM IKON Illinois Tool Works Intel International Paper International Steel Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kellogg's Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Inc. Kmart (part of Sears) Kohl's Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Lowe's Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Lyondell (part of Access Industries) Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel May Department Stores Maytag MBNA (part of Bank of America) McDonald's MCI McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Mirant Mohawk Industries Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northwest Airlines Nucor Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Peabody Energy Pepco PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Pitney Bowes PPG PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Public Service Enterprise Group Publix RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Reliant Energy Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Ryland Safeway (USA) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sears Sempra Energy ServiceMaster Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Solectron Southern Company Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Target Temple-Inland Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Time Warner TJX Toys R Us Tribune Company TXU Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) UnumProvident US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wells Fargo Wendy's Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Winn-Dixie WPS Resources Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! YUM!
...[When Bonnie Nixon-Gardiner, HP program manager for Supply Chain Social & Environmental Responsibility] showed up...to inspect working conditions at...supplier...Foxconn Electronics, a unit of Hon Hai..., [executives] tried to whisk her into a...
Author: Keith Harmon & David Barouski, Z Magazine
War in the Congo is driven by the desire to extract raw materials...Therefore, any analysis of the geopolitics in the Congo requires an understanding of the organized crime perpetrated through multinational businesses...Human Rights Watch...2005...
- Related companies: Adastra Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Archer Daniels Midland Barrick Gold Bechtel Cabot Corporation Carlyle Group Chevron Coca-Cola Compaq (part of HP) Cox Enterprises Dell Ericsson First Quantum Minerals George Forrest Halliburton HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel KBR Lazare Kaplan Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Microsoft Monsanto Motorola MPRI (part of L-3 Communications) New United Motor Manufacturing (joint venture General Motors & Toyota) Nokia Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Sony
Author: Kathleen E. McLaughlin, San Francisco Chronicle
Weary workers...migrants in their own country...born poor in rural China...come to this manufacturing mecca to make the latest gadgets for the world - the iPods, cell phones and laptops that they can't afford...mega-factory complex of Foxconn...
Author: Octavio Cárdenas y Paul Lara, Excelsior [México]
[Según el]...Informe sobre condiciones laborales en la industria electrónica de México [del Centro de Reflexión y Acción Laboral (Cereal)]...En febrero pasado Rafael [Mendoza] perdió...la vida...[por contaminación con plomo]...La empresa declara que ...
Author: Sherine El-Madany, Business Today Egypt
A private-public partnership has actually invented a uniquely Egyptian technology that embeds a CPU into the...wooden table known as the tableyya...This...is one of the many projects now being implemented by the ICT Trust Fund — a partnership between...