International Paper website: http://www.internationalpaper.com
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
Merck, Intel, Under Armour, Alliance for American Manufacturing & AFL-CIO resign from manufacturing council following President Trump's response to white supremacist violence in Charlottesville
Five members of the American Manufacturing Council resigned following President Trump's failure to quickly condemn racism and violence by white supremacists at a rally in Charlottesville. The rally was organised to protest the planned removal of a...
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland Bunge Campbell Soup Coca-Cola Costco Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dr Pepper Snapple Group General Mills Hershey Hormel International Paper Kellogg Kraft Heinz McDonald's Molson Coors Mondelēz International PepsiCo Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Reckitt Benckiser SJM Starbucks Tyson Walmart Wendy's WestRock YUM!
President Trump's withdrawal from the Paris Agreement has faced significant criticism from the business community. In advance of the decision, over one thousand companies publicly declared their support for the Paris Agreement and following the...
Author: Dino Grandoni, Washington Post (US)
The Eastman Chemical Company -- one of the largest chemical manufacturers in the United States, which like many U.S. firms supported the Paris climate accord -- discontinued membership in one of the few trade groups that publicly pressed the Trump...
- Related stories: Members of US business org. IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement USA to withdraw from Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple Eastman Chemical Gap Google (part of Alphabet) International Paper Levi Strauss Owens Corning SABIC Shell Unilever Walmart
Author: International Paper
IP's vision is to be among the most successful, sustainable and responsible companies in the world. To pursue this vision, we remain committed to continuously reducing our environmental footprint—not only by reducing greenhouse gas and other air...
- Related stories: Members of US business org. IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement
- This is a response from the following companies: International Paper
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) ranks 100 brands on environmental supply chain performance in China
On October 22, 2015, the Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) released its ranking of 100 brands on their environmental supply chain performance in China.
Author: Mary Mazzoni, TriplePundit
Climate Counts and the Center for Sustainable Organizations just released what they call the “world’s first” science-based company rankings,...[assessing] the emissions performance of 100 companies from 2005 to 2012 within the context of climate...
- Related stories: Study finds over half of global companies surveyed are emitting "unsustainable" levels of carbon
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Amazon.com Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev AstraZeneca Avon Bank of America BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BP Bristol-Myers Squibb BT Canon Cemex Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive ConAgra Danone Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dow Chemical Electrolux Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Ericsson ExxonMobil Ford Fuji Photo Film Gap General Electric General Mills General Motors H&M Halliburton Hasbro Heineken Herman Miller Hess Corporation Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hyundai Group IBM Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kraft Foods L'Oreal Lexmark Limited Brands Marks & Spencer Marriott Merck Microsoft Molson Coors Nestlé News Corporation Nippon Steel Nokia Novartis Office Depot Panasonic PepsiCo Pfizer Praxair Procter & Gamble Reckitt Benckiser Royal Bank of Scotland SABMiller Samsung Sharp Sherwin-Williams Siemens Sony State Street Target Tesco Toshiba Toyota Unilever United Technologies UPS Verizon Volkswagen Volvo Group Walmart Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool