Internship at European Coalition for Corporate Justice (ECCJ)
ECCJ campaigns for a world in which corporations’ drive for profit is balanced by respect for human, social and environmental rights, and the interests of society at large. We aim to address root causes of corporate abuses by changing European laws governing business activities. We bring together national platforms of civil society organisations from 15 European countries and represent over 250 CSOs including NGOs, trade unions, consumer advocacy groups and academic institutions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our small team in Brussels as an intern and contribute to our advocacy, communications and coalition development work. The internship’s duration is of 6 months, with a possible 2-3 month extension. This is a great opportunity to experience working with EU institutions and connect with our members and partners from across Europe.
The ECCJ intern will be assisting the Coordinator and the Communications Officer in the following tasks:
- Advocacy work: Monitoring and analysing on-going developments related to corporate accountability and business and human rights issues; compiling relevant information and ensuring dissemination; conducting research on an ad hoc basis for policy proposals, briefings, publications and articles; supporting with designing and implementing advocacy activities towards EU institutions such as meetings with policy makers;
- Internal and external communications: Updating the current ECCJ website and contributing to the development of the new ECCJ website; supporting with social media, ECCJ newsletter; writing articles & other publications;
- Fundraising: contributing to proposals and reports;
- Organization of events and meetings;
- Coalition development: engaging and supporting member organisations and partners;
- Administrative tasks: updating and maintaining files, databases and mailing lists.
Applicants should demonstrate:
- At least a basic knowledge of and / or experience with corporate accountability / business and human rights;
- Knowledge of and / or experience with European institutions;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Ability to take initiative on projects;
- Flexibility, ability to adapt quickly and work with tight deadlines;
- Good research and analytical skills;
- Good level of IT literacy (Word and Excel; social media, website management).
The following attributes are also desirable (but not essential):
- NGO experience;
- Previous Brussels experience / knowledge of Brussels environment;
- A relevant Master’s degree in European studies, political sciences or law studies;
- Proficiency in another EU language is an asset.
We offer a highly motivating working and learning experience in an EU-level organisation based in the heart of Europe.
Our office is located in an environmental friendly building shared with other similar NGOs, which makes for a great place to both work and meet people.
Do you think you match our criteria, and feel inspired by the job description? Then please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the reference: Internship ECCJ 2015.
Deadline for applications is 4 September 2015 at 13:00 Brussels time.
Interviews will be conducted in Brussels or by phone/Skype. They will take place on 10 and 11 September.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
For more information about the organisation, see http://www.corporatejustice.org/
Job title: Intern
Contract: 6 months full time, with a possible 2-3 month extension
Closing date: 4 September 2015