Headquarters in USA
[To read this story in Portuguese, please, click here] The Business and Human Rights Resource Centre invited 55 companies to respond to allegations of their involvement in the deforestation of the Amazon as well as human rights abuses. The report from...
- Related stories: Brazil: NGO report alleges companies complicit in deforestation & human rights abuses in the Amazon
- This is a non response from the following companies: Invesco
- Related stories: Brasil: Relatório da Art. dos Povos Indígenas do Brasil e Amazon Watch alega cumplicidade de empresas no desmatamento da Amazônia e em violações de direitos humanos; empresas respondem
- This is a non response from the following companies: Invesco
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Esther Vandenbroucke, IKV Pax Christi & Roos Boer, Netwerk Vlaanderen
This publication...presents...financial institutions’ investment in companies that develop or produce cluster munitions, on financial institutions disinvesting from producers of cluster munitions and on legislative measures to prohibit investment in...
- Related stories: Cluster Munition Coalition calls on govts to stop banks investing in companies producing cluster bombs
- Related in-depth areas: Finance
- Related companies: Aberdeen Asset Management Aerostar International (part of Raven Industries) Alliant Techsystems Allianz Allstate AMP Group ANZ Bank ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) AXA BAE Systems Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BlackRock BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) Capital Group Citigroup Commerzbank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Daewoo Group Daiwa Securities Danske Bank DBS Bank Deutsche Bank Dexia Eaton Vance Fidelity Investments Folksam Fortis General Electric Goldman Sachs Groupe Banque Populaire Hanwha Henderson Global Investors (part of AMP Group) HSBC ING Intesa Sanpaolo Invesco JPMorgan Chase KBC Kookmin Bank L-3 Communications Legal & General Investment Management Legg Mason Lloyds Lockheed Martin Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Morgan Stanley Natixis Nordea Bank Northrop Grumman Old Mutual Oppenheimer & Co. PGGM Poongsan Principal Financial Prudential plc Rabobank Raven Industries Raytheon Regions Financial Rheinmetall Royal Bank of Scotland Russell Investments Scotiabank Shinhan Bank SNS Reaal Société Générale Standard Life State Street Storebrand Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) SunTrust Banks T. Rowe Price Thales TIAA-CREF Triodos Bank UBS US Bancorp Vanguard Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Wells Fargo West LB Woori Bank (part of Woori Financial Group) Woori Financial Group
Our exclusive environmental ranking of America's 500 largest corporations. [Top 5: HP, Dell, Johnson & Johnson, Intel, IBM]
- Related stories: Newsweek publishes "Green Rankings" - largest 500 US firms ranked on climate change efforts
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture ACE Group Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agilent Technologies AIG Air Products Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Techsystems Allstate Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Analog Devices Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Archer Daniels Midland Arrow Electronics Assurant AT&T Atmos Energy AutoNation AutoZone Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beckman Coulter Bed Bath & Beyond Bemis Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club Boeing BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Bunge Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Carnival Caterpillar CBRL Group CBS CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron Chubb Group CIGNA Cincinnati Financial Cintas Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Cooper Industries Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS D.R. Horton Danaher Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Diamond Offshore Drilling DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eaton eBay Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Energizer Entergy EOG Resources Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia ExxonMobil Family Dollar FedEx Fifth Third Bank FirstEnergy Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Forest Laboratories FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gap General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Genzyme Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) H&R Block Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hershey Hess Corporation Hewitt Associates Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingersoll-Rand Intel International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit Invesco ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Joy Global JPMorgan Chase KBR Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L-3 Communications Leggett & Platt Limited Brands Lincoln National Lockheed Martin Loews Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group) Lowe's Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott McDonald's McGraw Hill McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Micron Microsoft Mohawk Industries Molson Coors Monsanto (part of Bayer) Moody's Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nalco Holding Newell Rubbermaid Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northrop Grumman NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Paychex Peabody Energy Pentair Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pinnacle West Capital Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services Polo Ralph Lauren PPG PPL Praxair Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reynolds American Ross Stores Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Schlumberger Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sears Sempra Energy Shaw Group Sherwin-Williams Simon Property Southwest Airlines Sprint Stanley Works Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Sysco T. Rowe Price Target Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Tiffany Time Warner TJX Tyco Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group Urban Outfitters URS US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin Group Visa Inc. Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Wendy's Wendy's/Arby's Group Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM!
Author: Robert Kropp, SocialFunds.com
...[T]his year's report by FairPensions…revealed a "clear improvement in the combined performance of the 20 asset managers that were surveyed in both 2007 and 2008…", indicating a "growing interest in incorporating material ESG [Environment, Social and...
- Related stories: Survey of 30 UK asset management firms highlights insufficient concern for social & environmental factors
- Related companies: Aviva Credit Suisse F&C Asset Management Invesco