Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in South Africa
Investec website: www.investec.com
So. Africa: Report finds some public finance institutions failed to publicly account for their response to climate crisis, whilst banks slowly begin to respond
Investment policies of South African development finance institutions the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) and the Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA) not only fall short of international social, environmental and governance standards,...
Equileap researched 3,519 companies in 23 developed economies, representing 98 million employees, and ranked them based on 19 gender equality criteria... There has been an increase in the average score of the 100 best performing companies over the past...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender, Business & Human Rights: Research & Analysis
- Related companies: Adobe Systems AGL Air New Zealand ANZ Bank ASX Group AXA Bank of America BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BillerudKorsnäs (Billerud Korsnäs) Biogen BlackRock BNP Paribas British Land Caltex Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Castellum Challenger Financial Services Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citibank (part of Citigroup) Coca-Cola Coca-cola Amatil Cofinimmo Commbank Contact Energy Convivio Hotels Danone Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Eli Lilly Elisa Enagás Equinor (formerly Statoil) Fonterra Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Gilead Sciences Gjensidige GlaxoSmithKline GPT Group Hilton Investec Iron Mountain ITV Johnson & Johnson Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kimberly-Clark L'Oreal Lendlease Project Management & Construction (formerly Bovis Lend Lease, trading as Lendlease) Marriott Medibank Merck Mirvac Money Super Market Group National Australia Bank NH Hoteles Orange Origin Energy Publicis Qantas Airways REA Group Red Eléctrica de España Repsol Royal Bank of Canada Royal Mail Sanofi SAP Schibsted Schneider Electric Schroders Société Générale Sodexo South32 Standard Chartered Stockland Stora Enso Storebrand Suncorp Swedbank Tele2 Telenet Telenor Telstra TF1 Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank) Transurban Unilever Verizon Vicinity Vodafone Westpac WPP YUM! Z Energy
Church Commissioners for England and leading institutional funds welcome Glencore’s climate change commitments
Author: Church Commissioners for England
The Church Commissioners for England and a leading coalition of investors participating in Climate Action 100+ today welcomed a position statement issued by Glencore significantly strengthening its commitment to combat climate change...Speaking as the...
- Related stories: Glencore commits to limit coal production & focus on minerals for low-carbon energy transition following investor pressure
- Related companies: Investec
Global Witness report alleges EU investors help bankroll human rights & environmental abuses; incl. co responses
On 6 September 2018, Global Witness published a new briefing paper on the role that EU-based investors have played in supporting projects linked to human rights abuses, land grabs and large-scale environmental destruction. The report argues that while...
Busines & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Investec to respond to the allegations raised by War on Want. Investec did not respond.
- Related stories: NGO: British financial institutions complicit in Israeli war crimes
- This is a non response from the following companies: Investec
In July 2017, War on Want (WoW) published a report claiming that UK-based banks and investment companies are complicit in Israeli war crimes against Palestinians. The financial institutions cited in the report have allegedly invested in defence...
"Gender equality global report and ranking," 4 October 2018...
- Related companies: 3i Aegon Agilent Technologies Air Canada Allstate American Express American Water ANZ Bank Assa Abloy AstraZeneca Aviva AXA Axel Springer Bank Hapoalim Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bankinter Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) bioMérieux BNP Paribas Boliden Burberry CA Technologies CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Caltex Campbell Soup Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citigroup CNP Assurances Comcast Commonwealth Bank Continental AG DBS Bank Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Ebro Eli Lilly Enagás Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Ericsson Fabege Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Genmab Givaudan GlaxoSmithKline Handelsbanken Henkel Hershey Iberdrola IBM ICA Gruppen Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Investa Property Group Investec Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) KPN L'Oreal Land Securities Leumi Li & Fung Lloyds Group Macquarie Bank Marks & Spencer MasterCard Merck Mercury Michelin Microsoft Millicom Molson Coors National Australia Bank National Grid NCC Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro (Hydro) Oil Search Orange Origin Energy Pearson PNC Financial Services PSA Peugeot-Citroën Publicis Qantas Airways QBE Insurance Red Eléctrica de España Rentokil Initial ResMed Roche Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal DSM Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Royal Mail Salesforce.com Sanofi Schibsted Schneider Electric SEB Sempra Energy Severn Trent Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) Société Générale Sodexo South32 Standard Chartered State Street Stockland Stora Enso Suncorp Swedbank Telenor Téléperformance Telia Telstra Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank) Transurban UBS Unilever Verizon Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Westpac Whitbread Woolworths Group WPP Zurich
South African banks fund mining projects in southern Africa that raise issues over social, environmental, human rights impacts, says new report
Southern Africa Resource Watch, in announcing its report, South African Banks Footprint in SADC Mining Projects, said:...
Author: Investec (South Africa)
Some of the deals mentioned in this report are more than 10 years old. We believe that the commitment as a banking sector to adhering to ESG principles in general has been greatly improved over the past decade. Furthermore, there is a sector commitment...
- Related stories: South African banks fund mining projects in southern Africa that raise issues over social, environmental, human rights impacts, says new report
- This is a response from the following companies: Investec