Investments Manager at Humanity United
About Humanity United
Humanity United is a foundation committed to building peace and advancing human freedom. We lead, support, and collaborate with a broad network of efforts, ideas, and organizations that share our vision of a world free of conflict and injustice.
Humanity United is currently accepting applications for the role of Investments Manager to perform the following:
- Act as day-to-day lead or support on special projects related to trafficking of migrant workers, while presenting key decision points to managing Director or VP
- Develop frameworks and tools to help refine and execute upon HU strategy
- Track relevant emerging trends or events in the peacebuilding and counter- trafficking fields, by, for example: Sourcing, reading, and synthesizing relevant publications; Representing HU at appropriate convenings and meetings; summarize key insights or results; Exploring new partnerships with people and organizations relevant to HU’s work; Investigating uses of data in the field in general and from grantees in particular to explore how to improve our quantitative understanding of the challenges HU tackles
- Take on grants management and communication with grantees as needed or appropriate; for example: Facilitating grantee reporting, fielding grantee questions, performing initial evaluations of proposals and project reporting, serving as grantee point of contact, follow up with potential partners after travel
- Identify and fill gaps in Investment team workflow; e.g., tracking organizational “lessons learned” by synthesizing successes and failures
- Performs reference and targeted research assistance; supporting knowledge management and facilitating information gathering through research, strategic synthesis and analysis, and provides recommendations for specific projects. Results produced will complement the knowledge and information available to the organization.
- Stay up to date on relevant international policy developments and apply current strategic perspective to investment related activities.
- Actively participate in Investment team meetings and discussion
- Additional tasks and support as needed
Job title: Investments Manager
Location: San Francisco
Closing date: Open until filled. Please send your letter of inquiry and resume to Robyn Arville, Director of Human Resources at [email protected].