International standards & introductory material on abduction: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
“Complicidad empresaria: comenzó el juicio de la causa Las Marías” – 2 de julio de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
Uganda: Communities displaced for oil-related infrastructure allege unfair compensation by oil companies; Total responds
Local communities in oil-rich Buliisa district that hosts the oil and gas processing facility has threatened to sue multinational companies over alleged unfair compensation. In its response, Total has said that its resettlement complies with...
New paper provides first systematic analysis of UN Special Rapporteur's communications on human rights defenders
Author: Janika Spannagel, Global Public Policy Institute (Germany)
"Chasing Shadows: UN Communications on Human Rights Defenders", 24 January 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related stories: Mexico: Leader of Veracuz fishermen opposing Tuxpan-Texas gas pipeline kidnapped
- This is a non response from the following companies: Transcanada
The fishermen of Veracruz have been opposing the Tuxpan-Texas pipeline being constructed by IEnova and TransCanada. Their leader Henry Márquez Escudero was kidnapped and released after 36 hours. The fishermen have been protesting against the pipeline...
This project is a 60-40% JV with TransCanada Corporation. TransCanada is the entity in charge of project development and in charge of providing communications to third parties such as Business & Human Rights Resource Centre.
- Related stories: Mexico: Leader of Veracuz' fishermen opposing Tuxpan-Texas gas pipeline kidnapped
- This is a response from the following companies: IEnova
Author: Aristegui Noticias (México)
“Liberan golpeado a líder de pescadores en Veracruz”, 2 de enero de 2018...
- Related stories: México: raptan líder de pescadores veracruzanos que se oponen al gasoducto Tuxpan-Texas
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
- Related companies: Transcanada