International standards & introductory material on arbitrary detention: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
“Mother detained after Chinese vaccine protest”, 17 April 2019...
Guatemala: Indigenous land defender, accused of inciting community members to set fire to palm oil crop, is acquitted of all charges
Author: Rabble (Canada)
“Indigenous land defender freed by court after two years in prison”, 28th April 2019...
Latin America: Mapuche indigenous leader Alberto Curamil awarded Goldman Prize for environmental activism against hydropower projects that threatened water sources
Author: Goldman Prize
“Alberto Curamil: 2019 Goldman Prize Recipient South and Central America, Chile” – 29 April 2019...
Author: Kimmarita Long, The Phnom Penh Post
"Preah Vihear land dispute villagers to be released", 26 April 2019...
- Related companies: Metrey Pheap Agro-industry Co., Ltd.
Author: María Aguilar, El Periódico (Guatemala)
“Abelino Chub Caal y el costo de defender los territorios indígenas”, 22 de abril de 2019...
Author: Human Rights Watch, groundWork, Centre for Environmental Rights & Earthjustice
"“We Know Our Lives Are in Danger”: Environment of Fear in South Africa’s Mining-Affected Communities", 16 Apr 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Eskom Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Mineral Resource Commodities (see Mineral Commodities) Transworld Energy and Mineral Resources Turquoise Hill Resources
Author: Hans Thoolen
"Two women human rights defenders in the Philippines honored with international awards", 16 Apr 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: 中资企业海外投资
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC) Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals)
Peru: Fuerabamba communities reach agreement with Govt over negative impacts of Chinese mining project Las Bambas
Author: Peru Support Group
“Deal announced over Las Bambas” 08 April, 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on natural resources
- Related companies: China Minmetals Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals)
Author: Migrant Rights
"Kuwait begins 'massive' deportation campaign", 3rd April 2019...